Sign in to follow this  
Jason 85

Pcut CS1200 wont cut 'driver protected'

Greetings all from down under,

Fairly new to the vinyl cutting area (main job is subsea oil and gas)

ive picked up a lot of information reading on this site which is great!

Long story short, we have bought a Pcut CS1200 for some vinyls at work.  Ive got it it communicating with software and computer (USB interface to Win 7 32bit computer using Flexi8)

When i send the job to the cutter it engages and prepares to cut, but then shown on the LCD screen is 'Driver protected waiting.......'  Ive attached a pic for reference

This also appears when i try to use the machine in the offline mode, and try to test cut or even move it axially.

I cannot find anything relating to this problem, and the after sales service of the company we bought it from are taking there sweet time.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and a known fix is an easy one.

Cheers

post-85501-0-78372200-1394673735_thumb.j

Welcome....You state you are using Flexi8.    There are many versions,  Is is Flexisignpro?  Flexistarter? 8.0?  8.1? 8.5? 8.6?   Older versions are not compatible with windows 7.  Will be hit or miss.   So what do you really have?

Hi Mate,

Sorry i shouldve stated its Flexi Starter 8.5 v2

Im not sure if should be leaning towards the machine side of things, as it happens when the machine is in the offline/manual mode.

You could try UScutter tech support and see if they can figure it out.  I have never seen such an error.    Does the machine have a reset button?  

I will swing over there and ask about it, aside from the ON/OFF power button, there are 2 red switches either side of the cutting bed, i assume they are limit switches so the cutting head doesnt crash into the side machine if something went wrong. 

I will swing over there and ask about it, aside from the ON/OFF power button, there are 2 red switches either side of the cutting bed, i assume they are limit switches so the cutting head doesnt crash into the side machine if something went wrong. 

I think those buttons on the side are also a reset.   I found your user manual and the first page said to set the baud rate at 38400,   Here is the user manual from the Creation.com site for a CS  model

http://www.pcut-cn.com//userfiles/2011-04-02/201104020751441.pdf

1. When using COM port to
output, set the baud rate of
the software to 38.4K, or 38400.

You can also contact Creation support

Yea i found that one earlier as well, and have set it suit what the manual says but no luck as yet.

Ive also emailed the Manufacture and im still waiting for a reply sigh.

thanks for your help thus far

Update:

The shop we bought it from are sending over a new motherboard as they seem to think thats issue, will keep posted.

Update:

The shop we bought it from are sending over a new motherboard as they seem to think thats issue, will keep posted.

great news.  I hope they get you going soon. 

Those red buttons are on the far sides are shutoffs if it goes too far to the side. Not usually a problem but on the P-Cut 1200 model I had you used different locations on the machine to hit certain widths of vinyl and once I was over near the far left side and upsized my design too much and the cutter head ran over there and hit the red button and it shut me down. I think it's primarily so the machine doesn't try to force the cutting head and mess up the drive belt. I only had an issue the one time. 

As for your actual post about driver protected I don't have any idea unless that is a bogus copy of flexi or something that is shutting you down. 

So after a couple of weeks of waiting, i finally got my new main board.

We pulled the old one and found the likely cause of the error message:

post-85501-0-24218900-1396910776_thumb.j

For Anyone that has this problem in future, check your mainboard!

cheers

• Like 1

yeah, that looks bad. Let us know if you got it cutting.

Yea the Electrican said the same thing, but the unit still ran, just didnt want to cut.

Ive got it Cutting, now, but having troubles with Comms to and from the PC, so im just using the software to make what i want, then download to the SD Card, and use it that way.  Also working out the knife dragging issue, which im yet to fully read up on.

Update, got the unit pounding out stickers now via PC connection.

I had to use a USB to (RS232) Serial converter cable, and use the Serial input on the cutter.  Working a dream, just getting my head around Flexi 8 now, with the sizes and limits of everything. 

• Like 1