chipperi

Another "Official" Introduction.

Well I dove right in a few months ago and started asking questions, and just didn't introduced myself. I am Chip. I am trying to run vinyl as a side thing while I attend college full time. I have almost always worked in Lithographic printing as my trade, unfortunately an American based company RR Donnelley shut our facility down and sent our jobs to their plants in China and Mexico. So much for American huh?

I am located in NE Tennessee, close to Bristol ....the race is this week... damn not going to get anything done this week with the crowds!

Everyone keeps saying "find a niche" so far I have been sticking to my hobbies of guns/second amendment, and ham radio themed decals. I can't compete with the guys on E-bay selling small decals for a penny + free shipping, so I tend to stick to larger decals since I have a 31.5" cutter.

I intend to stick around, this is the best Forum by far everyone is always helpful and answers quick!

Welcome from Florida. I love to go to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. You just have to get your name out there and so people what you can do whether it is small or large. I work a regular job and this is a side thing for me as well.. I just got my first corplast sign order the other day and was smiling ear to ear.. You have to keep at it and do not give up

• Like 1

Howdy from Texas.... word of mouth does wonders.  You will be surprised how many people need signs, banners, T's etc.  Once folks find out your doing it you should be as busy as you want to be.  Youth sports is a good area to look into. Moms love shirts with their little ones name on the back and the love bling too!  ;)

• Like 1

Welcome from Ohio Chip.

I also am a home crafter trying to make a few bucks making Ham decals and other small trinkets. This is the place to learn about the vinyl and sign trade. I don't attend to make signs just the small stuff, the folks here are quite helpful and are nice to deal with. Good luck in your venture.

Jerry

Hello Chip and welcome to the forum.

Welcome from Charlotte! I believe we have an RR Donnelley plant here. My neighbor is an IT guy for them. Good luck in you venture.

Butch