jarrotto

My "official" introduction

Hello everyone,

This is my official introduction, i have learned a ton from the forums, they have been a great help and i hope that i can continue to contribute as well.

My name is Jarrett by the way, and i am from Western North Carolina in the Mountains.

I have been reading the forums since sept/oct last year and joined last year in november after i bought my Graphtec from US Cutter. So here is my official introduction and its only almost 6 months late.  ;D

So far i have been working on Signs / Decals and just recently started T-shirts and Sublimation.

As they say, better late than never.

The Cactus Wraps seems interesting, can you open a new thread about your experiences with that?

Sure, i can do that.  so far i have actually only made a few mugs with them, but i should have a few orders soon, and i will make a new thread then.

The two biggest problems i had was with the first toaster oven i bought, and some significant banding from the Ricoh sg3110dn.  

The banding was the worst on projects i tried to do with heavy dark backgrounds or large solid colors.  I have gotten rid of most of it, but don't know if i could ever get rid of all of it on large solid colors.  A lot of it seems to be paper settings when i actually print, its irritating when i have to change them on every print on my mac.

Welcome from Indiana.  I bet your loving the Graphtec.  great choice.

Oh yeah its great.  The only thing that has thrown me so far was when i ordered a couple of the ebay blade holders, i haven't put them to use since they were made differently on the inside or missing pieces, i never took the time to figure it out...

I picked my Graphtec for the ease of use with Mac, and its what they were using in the Graphic Design program in college. Figured it had to be good!

Oh yeah its great.  The only thing that has thrown me so far was when i ordered a couple of the ebay blade holders, i haven't put them to use since they were made differently on the inside or missing pieces, i never took the time to figure it out...

I picked my Graphtec for the ease of use with Mac, and its what they were using in the Graphic Design program in college. Figured it had to be good!

I think I read that the Graphtec Ce6000 has the spring already built into the blade holder.  And the Ebay blade holders just need the little spring.  I purchase 5 Graphtec blades on Ebay,  and they come with 5 springs for about $24.00 free ship.  They last me about 9 months or longer.  I never have a problem with them.   I only cut sign vinyl and some chrome once in a while.  .

I think I read that the Graphtec Ce6000 has the spring already built into the blade holder.  And the Ebay blade holders just need the little spring.  I purchase 5 Graphtec blades on Ebay,  and they come with 5 springs for about $24.00 free ship.  They last me about 9 months or longer.  I never have a problem with them.   I only cut sign vinyl and some chrome once in a while.  .

Thanks Mz. Skeeter. Maybe you can give me some guidance on the ebay blade holder differences.  They are both supposed to be the CB09U style for the CE6000. One came with 5 - 45 degree blades and 5 springs, and the other with 5 - 60 degree blades and 5 springs.  

The problem is one of the blade holders has a magnetic type spindle that can fall out and the other does not. The ebay blade holders are completely different on the inside so i haven't been sure whether or not i should use them.  I thought maybe they sent one blade holder that holds the same size blades as blue tip holders, and the other holding the larger red tipped holder blades.

I  added some pictures to hopefully show the differences.  I know it is kind of hard to see the difference in the 3rd picture.  The blade holder on the left is the one that has the removable "spindle" piece within it.

post-78889-0-22304800-1394174035_thumb.j

post-78889-0-87931300-1394174040_thumb.j

post-78889-0-91904700-1394174045_thumb.j

Hello and Welcome from Florida.

Welcome from michigan - never had banding in the ricon and the cactus wraps in a full size oven work great - just make sure to put the mugs in upside down so the heat rises inside them

• Like 1

Welcome from South Carolina. And never had an issue with my Ricoh either. Most reliable of the 4 printers lined up by my desk.

I don't have the CE6000.  blade holder.  I was just reading from some else's post who had a CE6000,  and said they were different.  from CE5000- blade holder.

I don't have the CE6000.  blade holder.  I was just reading from some else's post who had a CE6000,  and said they were different.  from CE5000- blade holder.

I believe you're talking about my post.   

The OEM holder doesn't use the spring and the Ebay one does.   

You have the correct order of parts in the 1st picture.   I have that style.  I've never personally seen your other style blade holder. 

The little brass bearing should magnetically be held on to the end of the top piece you can unscrew.  

I believe you're talking about my post.   

The OEM holder doesn't use the spring and the Ebay one does.   

You have the correct order of parts in the 1st picture.   I have that style.  I've never personally seen your other style blade holder. 

The little brass bearing should magnetically be held on to the end of the top piece you can unscrew.  

Thanks Go-C Wraps, i guess i will just shelve the other one for now.  I only need two at the moment anyways.

Welcome from michigan - never had banding in the ricon and the cactus wraps in a full size oven work great - just make sure to put the mugs in upside down so the heat rises inside them

Thanks Dakota, i had already been following that direction from prior threads.  The banding is not bad at all, i am just extremely picky when it comes to print quality.  I think i even saw the same in something you had sublimated with Lilo and Stitch a while back,  i think it was in the blue portions if my memory serves me right.  Like i said its nothing major and i have pretty much gotten rid of it by changing the print settings.

The only thing that still bothers me is a orange peel finish when the light reflects on any DynaSub objects i have pressed, i am getting ready to order some ChromaLuxe from conde to see if that problem  still happens.

I have lowered pressure, temp, and increased dwell time, but nothing has gotten rid of the orange peel.  The print quality looks great its just a weird haze when light reflects off of the item at an angle.  I am removing the plastic film, and cleaning the surface with alcohol and letting it dry, just can't seem to get rid of it.

I read some people sublimate and remove the protective plastic after, but that is not something i want to try with my press. haha

I too use the cactus wraps on my mugs in my toaster oven and put them in upside down!  I have sold about two cases so far.  Not really a hot item for me with larger orders...  mostly one or two here and there.  However.... I am not pushing them either.

I haven't had banding . . . Do a nozzle check on your printer to make sure it is 100 percent.