Sign in to follow this  
engraveanything

Easy cutter purchased from lancer group

Hello,

I am new to Vinyl, as a hobby I bought this second hardly used machine with all the starter package, it cam e with two dvd's I thought it had the drivers, when reaching home I realised that it is missing the driver, contacted the company which sold this, they seem to have discontinued this product and I am stuck, it is 24" that's all there on the label. Can some one help me, i tried few drivers as per the seller( who seem to have no knowledge and he has spent all the money i gave), I am kind of stuck any help will be appreciated.

thnaks

Sam

Now I am confused, but when i checked with Lancer this morning they told me it is easy cut 2009 model and no longer sell this product, so could it be gcc24?

Yes, it could possibly be,  there are only a few vinyl cutter manufactures out there,  and they rebrand the name for other distributors.  So that they are not selling the same name. Uscutter had some GCC brands, and called them ZEN black  and Zen Green,  Only place sold was UScutter.   I have never heard of Easy Cut,  so it is a rebranded name  for Ordway.. You could probably contact Ordway ask them what driver it takes.

• Like 1

This is how I would deal with it, Sam  ---  download and install the SignBlazer ELEMENTS application, there is most likely a proper driver available.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

That cutter you have is nothing unique, and I would bet just a standard generic HPGL driver will get it working.

I just realized mine doesn't  have USB, it has parallel  connections and I guess like a printer port, attached here with some pictures, can some one help me please?

post-85289-0-45599200-1393939876_thumb.j

post-85289-0-16594800-1393939890_thumb.j

post-85289-0-32533300-1393939910_thumb.j

Get a Keyspan Adapter, and set it up.   Usb cable goes to your computer,  serial end cable to the Keyspan Adapter, then  goes to your cutter   Better flow of data  Or a serial card,  or a serial cable.

I gotta ask,  where are your vinyl rollers, for your vinyl to sit on.   There should be 2 rollers.  You might get away with that, with a small piece of vinyl, but your vinyl roll should turn freely sitting on top the rollers, Not the roller going thru the vinyl roll. And always prefeed your vinyl for the amount that you need for the order.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

Thanks you Mz, but one question which driver should I use from the list?, yes indeed there are some rollers and some clamps at the rear, i didnt take that picture the vinyl is held properly and even advances a bit whenever I start the cutter, looks like good condition but dont know much.

if you can advice me which driver should I use?

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

Getting a cutter to work requires a bit of fooling around with the PORT settings on your computer's device manager.

Here's the path to change the COM ---

CONTROL PANEL / System / Hardware / Device Manager / Ports (expand) / COM (right click for properties) / Port Settings tab / Advanced button / Com Port Number (drop-down list) ---  choose 4 or less.

I think the problem you have is the port setting is wrong. I have a USCutter SC version and it looks almost exactly like yours. The casing and stand are exact but the key pad is a little different layout. When I set mine up I had an issue with finding the right port setting but after that it was off to the races!

Butch

Keep changing COM ports until it responds (you did not mention COM 1 being used).