Sign in to follow this  
vinylgraphicsfx

starting to get the hang of it!

had my cutter for a little over a week and already have done a few jobs. im very happy with it! one thing I did learn was weeding small letters on 50 stickers is the pain in the ass part haha! this is just one of the jobs we have done so far.

post-69806-0-13575400-1393692129_thumb.j

• Like 3

Hey it looks great and even matches the body lines and looks straight. I am continually amazed at how crooked some people get their graphics sometimes. 

• Like 4

Wildgoose i saw a video on installs that showed them using a level on a van for the install lines.

Ha ha! That's awesome, and explains a lot. Morons 

I actually use a level as a ruler to help make sure the lines I draw with a grease pen are straight. really does help and only takes an extra minute or two saves lots of work

Small details like taking 15 seconds to make sure your lines are level and straight make all the difference.

• Like 1

Totally with you. I actually take a lot of time on installs to be sure it all lines up right. I don't trust levels much mostly because I am also in the building industry and few things end up nice and actually true level. I use the nearest straight line to match up like the door or window or chair rail. On a car it's a body line or window that is going to make it look right. It's amazing what the natural eye can pick up on and also just as amazing what you can trick the eye into believing. 

Remember a level only works if you level the vehicle too. I'll stick with body lines for reference myself. After all that's what the eye focuses on.

• Like 3

I've used laser levels on bigger projects.  But as mentioned, sometimes it's better to align with other things like pinstriping / molding so the eye picks it up as being straight.