Sign in to follow this  
TheKid

Idea to help elderly, pay it forward

Here's a simple method to identify meds as to when to take them. Help your parents, yourself or a friend. Using your scraps can make someones life easier. I don't need my glasses to see which to take.post-84570-0-44035500-1393459587_thumb.j

• Like 1

I like it, now if you could devise a system to tell me that I just took it 10 minutes ago and don't need it again until tomorrow!

Cal

• Like 2

Maybe number bottles. What if caps get mixed up?

Then it could end up being a very bad day.....

I love it . . . Without my glasses it is a crapshoot on if I got the right pills most days. And I'm not that old!

I thought about making matching numbers for the bottles, but my case as an example I usually put the lid back on after taking one out. If in doubt look at the directions on the bottle. 1 = 1 a day 2 = twice a day, 3 = 3 times aday N = at night/bedtime. I decided against labeling the bottles because of monthly Rx renewals. I just swap the caps. If you can't remember if you took them. (Guilty here a couple of times) I turn them over after taking one. Only did that twice when I got home late.. Side effects reminds me not to do that again. At any rate it's a simple way to help those managing thier meds when the take several multi times a day without using one of those multi pill boxes.

• Like 1