mr300s

One Big Reason I like to Metal Detect 10 Million in GOLD!

I heard news report today saying these coins were not from the 1900s robbery. They traced them back to Georgia mint. Who knows.

I heard news report today saying these coins were not from the 1900s robbery. They traced them back to Georgia mint. Who knows.

Possible I suppose; however I read perhaps the most valuable coin among this find is dated 1866 with an S mint mark.  

Even if they were the stolen coins, coins doin't have serial numbers on them do they? So even if they had the right date there'd be no way to prove they are the ones stolen, would there?

• Like 1

Still gonna lose at least a third of that money when they sell them. Uncle Sam's gonna get his pc. no matter what. If I find $10 million in gold the only way you'll know is if you see my mailing address changed to a private island somewhere. I hate sharing.

• Like 1

I'm with you Jaybird.  It seems people brag for a brief moment of glory,   but a lifetime of aggravation ...

• Like 2

If they are fortunate enough to come away with 70% net as Jaybird alludes, they should thank their lucky stars when one factors in legal fees, appraisals, brokerage fees, and taxes.

But then many who voted this current administration into office would have us believe even more of this new found wealth in these tin boxes should be commandeered to enable a satellite dish and new car through entitlement for every unit of public housing.

• Like 1

me and my daughter will be hitting the fields this summer. we got her a garret ace 350

I use a Fisher F4..... Did not get out 1 time in 2013! That WILL NOT be the case for 2014!!!

And let's all remember the dog is going to live a life of luxury, too  ---

doghouse-345ds070810-1278625069.jpg

I was thinking they'd lose AT LEAST 30%. If a bureaucrat can figure out how to do it they'll end up with a pretty paper certificate and no money.