Hello, have never bid on a job this big before, would appreciate anyone's help!!

1. 4- 4'x8' double sided signs

2. 4- 4'x8' one sided signs

3. 4- 3'x5' double sided signs

4. 4- 3'x5' one sided signs

5. 24- yard signs (18'x24")- all double sided.

-All the big signs are wood signs.

All of these signs have a maroon/burgundy background with yellow lettering. They are political signs. I've done signs for a while, but I would appreciate any opinions/help! A few months back I did 3-4'x4' single sided wood signs @ 250.00 a piece. These had the 4"x4" posts with fancy end caps, so I'm kind of going off of this. but my quote is coming out way high. I think?? I'm going to attach a pic of the lettering. Like I said, any help is appreciated!!! Thank you, jus kind of lost on this one?:huh:

post-64405-0-79154100-1392770487_thumb.j

Material + Labor + Cost of doing business + Profit = Selling Price. If you feel a need to discount it can only come out of the profit side.

Wait I am sorry I made a mistake he is a Democrat. You are a business owner. That means you are RICH. Do all the signs for free give him a 50.00 donation 

Sorry could not help myself

David

• Like 4

"you didnt build that!"

Sorry thats a huge job, I have no idea how to price something that big. Maybe you can call around to a few sign shops and see what they would quote. 

I'm usually the lowballer on here but that is at least $6k probably more if I did a detailed estimate.

I just did a rough estimate might be higher or lower. I normally lowball stuff myself.

Being a political ad I would go way  higher you know darn well they will find a way to tax you out of any profits you might make.

• Like 1

Ballparking without putting pencil to paper I am at 6500 myself.  I just did some 4x8 double sided.  I used aluminum coated plywood.  They came out GREAT!

HDN(David), your to much!! Thank you!! all you guys/ladies! That's actually about where I was heading, towards the $6k Mark, but have never done political signs, didn't know if there was a unwritten discount rule, for making political signs. Another question, do any of you know where they sell maroon coroplast? I've looked high and low!! Can't find it? does anyone sell it? Thanks again for any help/suggestions/advice!!

If you can't find it... you can just cover the whole thing in vinyl..... in fact, use maroon vinyl... then add your yellow text.  Cost is a bit more but if that is what they want.  

My rule with political signs is full price and if you don't share my views add 20% so I feel better about doing it. If they want a discount they can go somewhere else. Hell they never give me a discount on anything I pay to the government. 

• Like 1

Material + Labor + Cost of doing business + Profit = Selling Price. If you feel a need to discount it can only come out of the profit side.

Wait I am sorry I made a mistake he is a Democrat. You are a business owner. That means you are RICH. Do all the signs for free give him a 50.00 donation 

Sorry could not help myself

David

If he had been a Republican you could have donated it plus cash and he would have given a huge tax rebate to the struggling oil companys

No politician in any relatively important office leaves office without drastically increasing their net worth. Something to think about. It's funny when they spend $300k to get elected to a position that pays maybe $80k and they leave better off than when they entered. Just sayin...

Jay that is why we need term limits on all offices of goverment Administrative, Legislative and Judical that way the elective office does not become a lucrative job. Our governor has a two term limit Virginia has a one term limit for goverenor. Even the president did not have a term limit untill the 22 admendment was passed into law in 1951 I especially both houses of congress should only have one term that way maybe they could get something done that benifits the working class familys

• Like 2

Either they'll do better or just figure out how to steal it faster. Term limits are a good starting point though.

• Like 1

If you can't find it... you can just cover the whole thing in vinyl..... in fact, use maroon vinyl... then add your yellow text.  Cost is a bit more but if that is what they want.  

Why not get yellow coro and cut the maroon so the letters show the yellow . Just my 2 cents.