Sign in to follow this  
Moody Blue

CR630 cutting uneven lines

New here and having a few issues.  I have had my plotter for over 2 years now and never had any real noticeable issues with cutting.  Was doing some small text and noticed it was very jagged and the lines were not straight.  Also noticed this on some medium size text this weekend.  Even on round objects such as a 0 it looks like the blade skips leaving several jagged areas and a few uncut places.  I lowered the solenoid a bit like a read in a different thread...didn't seem to do the trick.  Any tips or advice? Thanks in advance. 

Change the blade and see if that helps. Blades do wear out and can do the things you describe.

Yeah I have done that and even switched to my 45 degree blades but still has areas where it's happening. Not sure my next strategy but maybe the machine is telling me it's time for an upgrade lol

Yeah I have done that and even switched to my 45 degree blades but still has areas where it's happening. Not sure my next strategy but maybe the machine is telling me it's time for an upgrade lol

All the cool kids are doing it.

• Like 1

check the blade holder . the hole that the blade is in might have a little piece of vinyl stuck in there and the blade is not spinning freely. clean the blade holder with some solvent  inside and out to remove adheisive left from cutting vinyl