lapsey

isolating colors and cutting them separately

I have sure cuts a lot 3 pro that came with my vinyl cutter, I cannot figure out how to isolate each color and cut them separately.

I also cannot figure out how to select part of the image and cut it out. I have something traced and it has a couple words on it that I'd just like to erase or cut out of the picture (not in the literal sense) but I only see where I could delete whole objects.

Such a simple thing and I can't for the life of me see any option to do this.

I just want to select part of the image and delete it or cut it out like you can in paint.

I've tried searching for answers on here and google but I'm just not seeing it. I know this is probably a really stupid and simple question but I can't see how to do it.

I dont use SCAL but sounds like what you're wanting to accomplish would have to be done with node editing....

I don't even see any nodes on the image. it's a premade image that I have traced and want to erase some of the lines and stuff on it but i can't figure out how. :(

Helpful video but my picture is just 1 object, not multiple sections I can delete, It 'moves around' as 1 picture and I just want to delete some lines from it, I might just have to do this in paint and reopen it in SCALP.

Thank you for the video though good information.

Maybe Each color on a layer? I'm new to this whole thing to. If Sure Cuts has layer you can hide then each color on each layer, hide the ones you don't want cut?

Just an idea!

Good luck!

Edit: I just tried, you can create separate layers and hide each one.

• Like 1

Ungroup or Break apart the image

Then you can select each part of the image.  

Select what you want to cut and hit cut.  It'll only cut what you had selected. 

I seem to remember from my SCALP days that you can do as Go-C Wraps said and once broken apart you can also select and change the color of the objects so that the cut-by-color buttons work. I had trouble with some imports coming through all the same color even though I had designed them in different colors. In the end I started making a separate file for each color layer. I no longer use SCALP. 

If someone can tell me how to take a video on the screen I can show you how. I am not that good with written instructions..

I will attempt tho highlight object fist.... go to OBJECT in the task bar at the top... Go down to BREAK APART.... once that is done you will have multiple objects that you can click modify colors ETC. When you go to cut and you want to cut only say the RED part of a design on the uscutter cut settings screen there is a GENERAL tab and CUT BY COLOR tab. select CUT BY COLOR and then click on the colors you DON"T want to cut. they will disappear leaving only the "RED" color you want to cut.

Hope it is not to confusing

• Like 2

Thanks so much guys it works. I had tried that before and it didn't work I think it was because I didn't have it selected right.

Made my first tote bag! Will upload pics later :)

• Like 1

1st heat transfer project.

I did a dumb thing, forgot to cut as a mirror image and had to re cut. Then I did another dumb thing, the temp sat at 300* for awhile, I kept checking it, and I got the 'geeky' positioned and pressed it, I lifted it and it was a little bubbly, and had scorched the fabric a little so there is a discolored square, I looked and the temp had climbed to 400*!

The rest came out ok.

Lessons learned.

post-77567-0-89297000-1392737452_thumb.j

post-77567-0-00553300-1392737517_thumb.j

I use SCALPro and you click Cutter...cut with US Cutter...then click the tab that says Cut By Color...then from the pulldown select cut each color separately (separate jobs)