Hello I'm new to the whole vinyl world and I'm think of selling decals on Etsy. I want to know how other people are selling copyright stuff on there. Like  NFL team logos and MLB team logos. Please let me know thanks

Either they paid for a license  or they just do not care if they get caught. Me i do not do anything copyright

• Like 2

Alot of sellers on auction sites are not legit license holders. You can contact MLB or NFL. I believe MLB is pretty easy to work with not sure about NFL.

I had a decal taken down a week ago on etsy.

It was just a boot that said country girl.

Found out anything that says country girl or country boy is protected. The boot was fine the words were not. So i have to re design a name with the boot.

If something like that is caught then big sports brands will be taken down in a matter of time. And if you have sold any then all the buyers are sent emails saying you sold them stuff you had no right to sell. And that can lead to lost business or bad feedback.

Found out anything that says country girl or country boy is protected. The boot was fine the words were not. So i have to re design a name with the boot.

If something like that is caught then big sports brands will be taken down in a matter of time. And if you have sold any then all the buyers are sent emails saying you sold them stuff you had no right to sell. And that can lead to lost business or bad feedback.

Who owns country girl/boy?  I've never heard of that.  Is that a brand?

Dunno who it is but it was started by a man and after some research i heard they are very agressive on etsy and ebay. Search the trademark they have it from hats to stickers clothes decals etc...

Well this guy is on ebay looks like just this one (pink) he has sold 84 without being taken down maybe it the S Country Girls instead of Country Girl

post-2057-0-70879300-1395328773_thumb.jp

I did a quick search and this page seems to indicate that the specific phrase "Country Girl" is trademarked by LML Investments...

The key part of the registration is in the Goods and Services section: "Entertainment in the nature of on-going television programs in the field of reality shows; Entertainment services in the nature of an on-going reality based television program"... Nothing there about window decals or decoration.

I would consider adding the words "Just A" to "Country Girl", but do it in such a way that the customer can clip them off, then it's out of your control...   Anything that isn't exactly "Country Girl", especially if it has nothing to do with a possible reality based TV show, should be safe, but you may need to argue that before a judge...  Also, make sure you're not using a font similar to the one in the image on the page I linked...

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.  Your mileage may vary.  Ask your doctor if advice from a stranger on the internet is right for you.

• Like 1

I'm licensed with several colleges.They're easy to obtain a license for. MLB is fairly easy. NFL, Harley Davidson, and privste stuff like WWE is impossible. I was told by NASCAR as long as I wasn't advertising nascar merchandise I would be ok. I'd check into whatever you were planning on doing beforehand. ANYTHING licensed or copywrite will get expensive, even Dewalt.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="OWJones" data-cid="349414" data-time="1395344016"><p>

I did a quick search <a href='http://www.trademarkia.com/country-girl-86029089.html'>and this pag</a>e seems to indicate that the specific phrase "Country Girl" is trademarked by LML Investments...<br />

<br />

The key part of the registration is in the Goods and Services section: "<em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>Entertainment in the nature of on-going television programs in the field of reality shows; Entertainment services in the nature of an on-going reality based television program</strong></em>"... Nothing there about window decals or decoration.<br />

<br />

I would consider adding the words "Just A" to "Country Girl", but do it in such a way that the customer can clip them off, then it's out of your control... Anything that isn't exactly "Country Girl", especially if it has nothing to do with a possible reality based TV show, should be safe, but you may need to argue that before a judge... Also, make sure you're not using a font similar to the one in the image on the page I linked...<br />

<br />

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. Your mileage may vary. Ask your doctor if advice from a stranger on the internet is right for you.</p></blockquote>

The company behind that is Country Girl Jeans. It seems like they are trying to trademark everything and anything to do with the words Country Girl. I would say Country Girl is a pretty generic term used long before they started in 2011.

Just found out Country Life cant be used either.

Country Life Outfitters has the rights for decals and clothes.

I've been using sticker life for over a year so don't get no funny ideas on that either LOL.