Realstone

Emulator for Master VC2000 24"

Hi, 1st post

My wife & I are struggling with SignGo.  We can't even tell if we were sold the lite or Pro version; there's nowhere on the software to tell.  Anyhow, after reading a number of posts here at USCutter, it seems a lot of people like SB so we will download it.  My question is, what machine from the drop-down list do we use as an emulator?  Our machine was not on the list (which is very short).

Thanks!

Hello, and you are on the right track.

After you install the program (from HERE) --- http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198

The setup will offer you a LONG list of drivers (emulators?)

Try using a Desay Master driver and see if that works.

If not, go with Master/LiYu.

You can then keep attempting with other choices, like Creation PCut or Roland, but I would be willing to bet the MasterLiyu24 will get the cutter rolling.

• Like 1

Thanks S&D!  My wife is going to contact the sales rep that sold us the cutter and see if we did actually get the Pro version of SignGo (hope so, we paid for it).  If we can get SB running nicely, we'll see if we can get a full refund for the SignGo software.  I'll post our progress here.

I have signgo and I think the only difference is one expires and the other does not.

Did you you get the USB dongle?

I had signgolite years ago and it had limited features compared to pro.

If I remember it just had very few available and features and either an upgrade link or popup but it was a long time ago. It came with my first cutter (Master) and I used it right up to the point I bought Signblazer Elements. Oh and it was a dongle version.

I have signgo and I think the only difference is one expires and the other does not. Did you you get the USB dongle?

? We got a USB patch cord that came with the printer.  Is that what you are reffering to?

If I remember it just had very few available and features and either an upgrade link or popup but it was a long time ago. It came with my first cutter (Master) and I used it right up to the point I bought Signblazer Elements. Oh and it was a dongle version.

Our printer is a Master; a VC2000 - 24. How did SB work with the Master?

And what's a dongle??

A dongle is like a USB flash/thumb drive.  It has the password security in it.  Your software will only work when the USB dongle is in your computer. It matches your user ID  for the software.

• Like 1

My wife tells me we passed on the dongle :unsure: and went with the software download as she was concerned that if you lose the dongle, you are out the use of the software.  Tommorrow we bring home the laptop and will try out the SB on the cutter.

Success!  We tested with pen on paper.  The program is pretty much intuitive and the first suggestion for the driver ( Desay Master xy 300p) worked well.  We are going to try to get our money back for SignGo.  Next, getting comfortable with the program and then a first cut on vinyl.  Pics soon hopefully.

Not to burst your bubble...Maybe you should have read the license policy on Sign Go first.. At least that is what they state on their website license....

http://www.signgo.com/license.html

This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.

Got the bugs worked out re fonts, tile size, orientation etc.  Pen plotting went well, and our 1st vynil cut went well too.  Now just to transfer the letters to the transfer paper, then on to the coroplast.

Not to burst your bubble...Maybe you should have read the license policy on Sign Go first.. At least that is what they state on their website license....

http://www.signgo.com/license.html

This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction; therefore, you understand and agree that there is no refund policy for any purchase of the SOFTWARE.

We bought the software from the same dealer that sold us the cutter, so short of the dealer refunding us the $$, we may be stuck with it.  We'll see how that goes.  We will remind him that we will have to buy our consumables somewhere, so how he treats us may determine who we use as a supplier.

Thanks for the heads up

Success!  We tested with pen on paper.  The program is pretty much intuitive and the first suggestion for the driver ( Desay Master xy 300p) worked well...  Next, getting comfortable with the program and then a first cut on vinyl.  Pics soon hopefully.

I have been a participant on this Forum for several years now, and being able to assist with getting others up and running provides me with a huge sense of satisfaction.

Y-W, and we're looking forward to seeing your results posted here.

Hello everyone, I am new here. I own a Master VC2000. I bought it new long time ago, but have now lost the driver CD, signgo lite dongle, etc. Has anyone had any luck using this machine in 2022? Thanks!

GoodKarma, PM sent.

Desay Master driver in SBE should get your machine to respond.