Sign in to follow this  
tammy h

Grabbing Edge of Vinyl

While I am cutting, the blade will grab the edge of the vinyl on either a side or the front edge and curl it under causing it to wrinkle up etc. I'm not sure why it won't cut close to the edge- is that normal? Should I be only trying to cut further away from the edge? My issue is that when my roll is off say 1/8" over the length of the cut - sometimes it gets really close to the edge. I am leaving 1/4" around the edges approx. vs. the size of the roll. I thought that would be enough but maybe it's not...

Is there a specific setting that would be causing this? Should I try to adjust my rollers and how do I do that?

Tammy

Why so tight to the edges?

Leave more margin, the vinyl is cheap, don't worry about feeding it out an inch or two.

• Like 2

I just thought maybe I was doing something wrong or had a setting off. If that's the standard practice- I'm good with that. I've noticed it happens a lot more on heat transfer type- I assume because it's thinner and more slick. I usually have an ok margin on the side when I get the 20" but when I get 15" sometimes I run close. It's doing it on the sides and the front line peridically.

Tammy