Sign in to follow this  
ANYTIME SIGNS

Have Signblazer need advice on software

I have been using a Pcut cutter and Signblazer. Im looking for a way to vectorize a number plate for my husband and sons dirtbikes, they race motocross in the wods so Ill need to update their stickers on there bikes. Thats when I realize that I dont know what I need. Im strictly self taught. Do I need inkscape, adobe, ?? Any programs that have side plate templates for KTM, Hondas?? Please help

Your signblazer program should be able to produce the numbers with ease. Just type the numbers you want and check the size and send to your cutter. For the templates you might want to take a photo from straight on and import it into the program then you should be able to trace over the top. I would also have a tape measure showing in the pic to get the size correct. I don't know much about signblazer but those who use it on the forum like it. 

Is it a flat number plate or molded? If it's flat, you can remove it and scan it with scanner. If it won't fit in a scanner, take a straight on picture of it.

Either way, import the picture to SignBlazer.

Take a measurement off the physical plate and scale the photo in SignBlazer to match. (use the SignBlazer measure tool to match the physical measurement.)

Create your design right on top of the picture.

I made a video of what I do in SignBlazer:

http://screencast.com/t/9rDgt0Ug

Measure the picture

Divide the actual dimension by the measured dimension of the picture to get the scaling factor

Multiply the length of the picture by the scaling factor. 

Change the size of the picture to that size

• Like 1