Sign in to follow this  
VinylWerx

laserpoint 2 cutting issues- please advise

Try unwinding the roll a foot or so past what you need for your project then wind it back up loose & straight and see if that corrects the issue. My guess is the vinyl is tracking uneven causing your "lift".

My SC has a roller that runs the length of the unit so I don't see this issue. However I do sometimes get the tracking issues on a new roll of vinyl.

OK, I watched the video, and here are some notes about the issue ---

1. Yes, there is supposed to be a vacuum effect that holds the vinyl down.

2. What software are you using?  SCALpro must be registered or it's going to cut random lines, from what I've read.

3. Are you seeing the vinyl lift up/bunch up? 

1. no sort of vacuum effect

2. SCALpro that came with my cutter, registered it asap.

3. it does "poof" up no matter what i do. 

Mine does the same thing from time to time. Clean carrier ( Not Proper name ? )  where blade sits. Check how far blade sits sits out of carrier. 

David

The vacuum is useless on these machines but that being said I haven't watched the video yet since my internet connection has slowed to a crawl the last couple days

Yet another post of people having problems with SCALP.  

I'm starting to think there's a problem with the program.  

Only thing that fixed my same problem was to cut with flexistarter.  

I only use SCALP and I never have issues with it doing this. I would say the trouble is with your cutter.

I only use SCALP and I never have issues with it doing this. I would say the trouble is with your cutter.

I have V3.052

What version are you using?

I have V3.052

What version are you using?

Once you register it you can go to the software website and download any upgrades

Once you register it you can go to the software website and download any upgrades

3.056 here 

REALLY?:huh:?  I've checked for updates and it's saying there are no updates available.   

Interesting.

REALLY? :huh:?  I've checked for updates and it's saying there are no updates available.   

Interesting.

Well I think I need to get version 3.056

Last time I upgraded I went to www.craftedge.com and downloaded the newest version. 

Just download the newest version and install it if it's registered it will automatically upgrade you to 3.056h.

I just upgraded.

So after about an hour of tech support with USCutter, the very last thing they asked me to check was the carriage assembly. Its simple to check.

1. Power off your your plotter.

2. see if the blade holder is sagging. ( it should automatically spring up ALL THE WAY)

Video  of my disassembled carriage showing the issue. They are sending me a replacement. we came to this conclusion because if I put the pen adapter in and selected that it was the pen, it would draw the design no problem, but as soon as we replaced the blade(which is heavier) it would drag and not cut correctly. 

• Like 1

So after about an hour of tech support with USCutter, the very last thing they asked me to check was the carriage assembly. Its simple to check.

1. Power off your your plotter.

2. see if the blade holder is sagging. ( it should automatically spring up ALL THE WAY)

Video  of my disassembled carriage showing the issue. They are sending me a replacement. we came to this conclusion because if I put the pen adapter in and selected that it was the pen, it would draw the design no problem, but as soon as we replaced the blade(which is heavier) it would drag and not cut correctly. 

Glad you figured it out.

Mine came with a carriage off track it bugged me for a week.

The trouble could still actually be in the software:

http://forum.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38956

I just experienced the same thing so I reverted back to version 3.053c  it appears anything past that is buggy.

Also if you save any files in version 3.056h they can not be opened in version 3.053c.

Please keep us updated......

I'm interested to hear when they have fixed it.  

Will do