Sign in to follow this  
H2Ohydrographics

Vinyl on crock pot?

Merry Christmas to all! Quick question, a friend/customer asked me to cut a vinyl monogram for the outside of a crock pot she purchased. Will regular vinyl, i.e. 631, 651 withstand the heat? Thank you so very much for your help. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!

Not ever trying that I would just guess that it should be fine.  I would use the better grade.  I would say on a car window it can get pretty hot on a tinted window in the direct sun and I have never heard of a problem with that type of  heat.

A crock pot is designed to leave it and go to work, so I am thinking it wouldn't get hot enough to bother it.  Because it is a friend just tell them no guarantee but I think it would be fine...

• Like 2

The exterior of a crock pot isn't going to reach to extreme high temps.

As Mr300 noted, auto windows get really blazing and vinyl is OK on that surface.

• Like 1

I've been burnt on car windows in the summer but never burnt on the outside of a crock pot. I'd say no problem putting vinyl on it.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slice&dice" data-cid="338707" data-time="1387896106"><p>

The exterior of a crock pot isn't going to reach to extreme high temps.<br />

<br />

As Mr300 noted, auto windows get really blazing and vinyl is OK on that surface.</p></blockquote>

Oracal 651 is rated to 176°F - you might test the outside of your Crockpot with am IR thermometer just to be sure...