Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

Where have those Intermediate cutters gone?

I noticed that there aren't any more Intermediate 30" cutters offered.

The two that used to be available  ---  ZEN and COPAM --- are no longer sold.

Now, there is only a $600 model TC 31" and beyond that there's not anything until you jump to the Graphtec 8600 30" model, for $4200.

(The Graphtec 6000 series has no 30" size and the FC8000 shows out of stock in 30")

after usc was sold they seamed to have dropped the zen line (rebranded GCC cutters) - hadn't noticed the copam gone but that model has been in production like 14 years . . .other than the 24" they never sold that many of the wider I don't think - if people go wider they are looking for auto registration mark sensors for contouring.

Copam is not gone completely, there is still the 24" model for sale.

In the several years that I ran my sign shop, the 30" was a very practical size for all sorts of jobs.

I would bet that over 90 percent of what they sell is 24" though - even at 30" the media is substantially less available  

Never ran into a problem with obtaining 30" (Oracal 651 Intermediate or the equivalent) vinyl rolls, it's readily available from every supplier I deal with (Fellers, Grimco, Advance, Beacon, USCUTTER) in both 10-yard and 50-yard lengths.

I would be willing to bet that there's a decent market out there for a 30" cutter with servo motor, in the ZEN type of machine, for around $1200 - $1500.

USCUTTER doesn't offer one like that anymore, and it just surprises me that you have to either get the TC at $600 price point or then skip all the way to $4,200. and there is not a single unit in between.

• Like 1

try getting holographic, engine turn, leaf look, etch look, etc in a 30".  I will admit there is more of the standard 651 colors available then there was 5-6 years ago when I had mine