huntrjo

Tc driver for flexi starter contour cutting

I have a 24" tc series cutter and I just bought flexi starter 10.1 I believe. I'm trying to contour cut some printed decals with it. I installed the cutter as the liyu cutter tc series. I can send a normal cut to the cutter but when I attempt to contour cut with it and use the manual alignment and the Arrows come up they won't move the cutter. I'm assuming because the cutter is "not supported" for contour cutting. Can someone help me on which driver would work for contour cutting with it? Thanks in advance for the help.

Joey.

oh snap there is that same tag line in the description  " The TC Series is equipped with a laser for contour cutting, however USCutter does not support contour cutting at this time with any software."

oh snap there is that same tag line in the description  " The TC Series is equipped with a laser for contour cutting, however USCutter does not support contour cutting at this time with any software."

BUT you don't use a laser with Flexistarter10.  So he can just throw it away!!!!   LOL.......

skeeter - isnt' there  a version of flexi starter with and one without the contour feature? or do they all come with it now?

skeeter - isnt' there  a version of flexi starter with and one without the contour feature? or do they all come with it now?

Since Flexistarter 8.6 v2  It has contour cutting standard.

Anything before, does not have it   Flexistarter 8.6 v1 does not have it.

And it does not use a laser.  It measures from the blade in the middle of the registration mark. and records in the software.

• Like 2

you are probably the most consistant support on here and need to know how much you are appreciated!
I am a proud member of :
"Team Skeeter Fan Club"

• Like 3

you are probably the most consistant support on here and need to know how much you are appreciated!

I am a proud member of :

"Team Skeeter Fan Club"

then why didn't you wish me a Happy Birthday yesterday?  LOL  you forgot...  >:D    Team Skeeter.  LOL.   You have to support me on Halloween also.   :ph34r:   But I did have a great dinner at Golden Corral in Warsaw yesterday evening. 

BUT thanks anyway for the real support.  ;D

then why didn't you wish me a Happy Birthday yesterday?  LOL  you forgot...  >:D    Team Skeeter.  LOL.   You have to support me on Halloween also.   :ph34r:   But I did have a great dinner at Golden Corral in Warsaw yesterday evening. 
bows head in shame, heck I would have driven down for the party!

So I installed the sc driver as we'll As the laser point driver and once again no luck with moving the laser with the Aaron keys. I was reading in another post though that maybe the cutter has to be hooked up via serial port? Right now it's hooked up using just USB could that be the problem?

I think I have seen also where the number lock  on keyboard will cause this. Would that apply in your case? 

MY cutter is hooked up USB, and I can move the cutter with the arrows.   And I use a laptop with Windows XP.

OK  here is another option,   Try the Creation Pcut CT 630 G driver.      make sure it is CT 630G.    

That is the only driver that even the Pcuts can use for contour cutting.

Didn't you get Sure Cuts A Lot with your cutter?   That is supposed to contour cut.  

Possibly one of the others on here who is using a Liyu with Flexistarter can chime in.  Or users using Scalp.

bows head in shame, heck I would have driven down for the party!

I was disappointed,  no shrimp.    My favorite place to eat.    I have a friend that lives in  Ceresco, Michigan.  Know where that is?       He has to drive 100 miles to go to a Golden Corral.   He told me to eat plenty for him. 

I was disappointed,  no shrimp.    My favorite place to eat.    I have a friend that lives in  Ceresco, Michigan.  Know where that is?     He has to drive 100 miles to go to a Golden Corral.   He told me to eat plenty for him. 

wow that is right by us - we go to battle creek regularly for sams club etc.   sorry about the no shrimp - I love great shrimp

Last week stacey surprised us with some crabs she got a deal on - from argenitina - knarly little devils with wicked spikes (not at all like the ones from alaska, think needle sharp) - not worth the effort to get in there. give me shrimp any day

wow that is right by us - we go to battle creek regularly for sams club etc.   sorry about the no shrimp - I love great shrimp

Yep.  I have known him for awhile.   I think Marshall is a quaint town with all the light posts.   I am gonna get up there to Fire Keepers one on these days.

I was looking forward to shrimp last night :-[   There was no seafood there.  Must have been waiting for tonight. 

Those critters sound scary..

• Like 1

Yep.  I have known him for awhile.   I think Marshall is a quaint town with all the light posts.   I am gonna get up there to Fire Keepers one on these days.

I was looking forward to shrimp last night :-[   There was no seafood there.  Must have been waiting for tonight. 

Those critters sound scary..

ok still off track but there is also a great little restruraunt downtown Marshal that used to be the mexican place, now it is is "spanish" I think - nice stuff that is out of the  ordianry!  http://www.zarzuelamarshall.net/

and the old stand by schullers

So here is where im at with it.  when I use the tc cutter and use the arrows to move the laser no matter which arrows I hit the cutter only moves up and down.  No side to side movement.  and then if I use my sc series cutter and try to use the arrows is has like a couple minute lag before it moves.

Here are your Flexistarter instructions,  that are in USCUTTER support and it says you have to be on serial connection with a Liyu.   So best to follow Flexistarter  instructions.  Don't go grabbing a Radio Shack etc.  They won't work.  UScutter only recommends   The Keyspan Adapter ( name brand ) or a Belkin.    Or if you have an older computer with serial ports. Then use your serial cable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/197/43/03-tc-series-flexi-contour-cutting

Okay so i bought a keyspan and now im trying to add my setup to flexi and it will not list the com that my cutter is installed on? Any suggestions?

Have ya'll ever been to the weekend breakfast at golden coral? You can jack your cholesterol up about a thousand points. And don't take off on a trip right after, either. But, so damn good.

Have ya'll ever been to the weekend breakfast at golden coral? You can jack your cholesterol up about a thousand points. And don't take off on a trip right after, either. But, so damn good.

I haven't., 'cause I am not a morning person.  but I make up for it at dinner. 

• Like 1

I have exactly the same problem with my set up.

Im only very new to this game and im also a silly little aussie female...so be gentle you big folk..

I have a REFINE MH721 without optical eye and using Flexi 10 software

same problem...my arrow keys will not move the cutter head or rollers..(X & Y Axis)...not even interested in moving...

it is like there is just no signal from the Computer to the cutter

Im using windows 8 and a USB connection...

Im posting frantically everywhere i can think of to solve this problem...so here is hoping you guys maybe able to help a few of us here and finally put this puppy to bed...