Sign in to follow this  
vinylgraphicsfx

Laser point 2 from us cutter

has anyone owned or used this machine? come to the conclusion and looks like the machine im gonna go with as my first cutter.... ive researched and researched... ive read practically every thread on this site. I think im finally ready to make the purchase and get started

I own the 31" model and it works full until you start doing letters around 1/8". At that point think Graphtec or Roland but everything else it seems to work good. The laser is for alignment for contour cutting like digital prints or t-shirt transfers.

im not trying to go that small yet! im starting as a hobbyist you never know where things go from there! so its definitely a great starter machine? im definitely looking at he 50 inch!

Hobbyist  & 50" ? Aweful big hobby lol

Maybe he needs to cut t-shirt designs for a friend who wears an XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL shirt?

• Like 2

Hate to see the electric bill for a heat press that big

I had a 50" and 3 things made me go back to a 24".  size of cutter and room required, limited availablity of 30" stock (basic colors are available readily but not specialty or even slightly off normal, and most everything can be done with a 24" as most single items are under that size and can be placed separately.  Just food for thought

also make note the laser allignment on that cutter is manual - you set each point on the print manually -- it isn't a problem as long as you know this is the case and not auto like the graphtec, roland, etc that find the marks and measure automatically.

50" wow.  I personally wouldnt buy one that size because I cant see the media being cheap or easially available for that.   If you gotta order a roll to do a small or "hobby" job thats a lot of money sitting until you get a job in the same color and such.   But thats just my opinion

• Like 1

Well....I have 2 of the LP II and have no issues and can say it was worth the grand I spent on them, I have yet to have to replace my cutting blades yet and have had them (cutters) for over a yr and use at least more than normal usage...

I had a 36" laser point 1 and only used the full width twice. When I get a new machine it will be a 24. If you need to be able to cut something that large then go for it but I would recommend checking out smaller machines and supplies with the money you save.