Sign in to follow this  
BigGreen

pcut ctn-1200

are they worth any thing found one for $200 no software just cutter , stand, rollers and box of new blades. are they any good and info on them would be great . looks like my LXi software will run it . anyone have thoughts on this model.

I just sold mine a few weeks ago for $360. The software is no biggie if you can't get it working just get a subscription to SignCut Pro. I had great success with my P-Cut and only got rid of it because I splurged on a Summa. 

Well I ended up get'n 4 rolls of 15"x50 yard new rolls of LG vinyl and a half a roll of clear mask 24" wide and a unused can of frog juice and a can that had been used plus the cutter , stand , and some new blades . Got it all for $240 . So I feel I done ok . Just hope it does contour cut'n .

I just couldn't pass it up for that kind of money for everything .

• Like 1

My P-Cut didn't contour cut. Unless you print it won't be an issue anyway. Tracking is a little suspect on long stuff but I ran SignCut Pro most of the time I had it and you can set that to cut step-by-step and cut everything within a given user defined distance before moving on which can save you on the big stuff over 36" long. Cutting text was never a problem because each piece was its own object but a super big graphic or oval would get off when it came back around to connect. The only other real issue I had with it was static electricity will wig out the brain. Get some anti-static cling spray and fog the area if you feel the hairs on your arm lifting when you are loading the vinyl. 

Ya was hoping this model would as I wanted to get in to printed . Will see what it does if nothing else If I don't like the cutter I still will make plenty off all the vinyl . . And can use this cutter as a back up just in case my other has a problem .

You can turn basically any vinyl cutter into a contour cutter by purchasing Flexistarter10.  The contour cutting is in the program.  You do not need a laser.  The program measures from the blade in the middle of the registration mark and records it in the software.

You can usually find it under $130 on EBAY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLEXI-10-Vinyl-Cutting-Plotter-Software-Dongle-Key-Contour-Cutting-USED-/390672756929?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af5e930c1

• Like 2

well i mite have got burnt cant get this cutter to do and jobs . my Lxi 8 software should run it but nothing happens .

down loaded the signcut pro cant get it to do a job on it either . cant get it to run my cutter i got so heck i dont know ..

well i mite have got burnt cant get this cutter to do and jobs . my Lxi 8 software should run it but nothing happens .

down loaded the signcut pro cant get it to do a job on it either . cant get it to run my cutter i got so heck i dont know ..

Does the cutter have an option to do test cuts right from the cutter?   If so, does that work?

ok i guess i had the buad  set wrong got it working with my lxi8 software . since the only thing i messed with last

only thing i see is ya have to manually set the origin it looks like .

im used to auto origin set by the machine

Does the cutter have an option to do test cuts right from the cutter?   If so, does that work?

and ya thats what was getting me it would self test fine

ok new problem its cutting stuff backwards and from left to right instand of right to left..

got it had to change from ctn-1200 to ct-1200 ...

still hate the maunel origin set . dont guess theres anyway around it to set its self is there.