Sign in to follow this  
handyd

FlexiStarter 10 Dongle Issue Today

I purchased and installed this item Flexistarter 10.5.1 last January 2013 and the dongle is not working or the software quit reading the serial number. When I open flexistarter 10 it tells me "Cannot Find Security Key That Matches The Password". I use this product every day and I havent installed any new software. What Do I need to do? I have never in my 22 years of having software for cutting have had this issue.  How do I fix this is my question.

post-69432-0-77362200-1380048886_thumb.j

post-69432-0-45859900-1380048887_thumb.j

• Like 1

I would reinstall the sentinal software as a first troubleshooting area after I rebooted 

All ready did that.  Switched ports.  Like I said this has been working since Januarary, what Kind of hokey pokey software is this?  I am down and no work for my business at the moment.

wore out?? nothing wears out, it either fails or drivers get corrupted.  I have been a certified Microsoft Support Technician for over 15 years.  No this is a brand new computer purchased at the same time with this software as my OLD software wouldnt work on the NEW pc.

I just ran the SSDClean up utility by Safenet and rebooted reinstalled new Sentinel driver and still Nothing.  I am betting its the FlexiStarter 10.  I really dont want to uninstall and reinstall this software as I have soo much configurations saved and believe I was only allowed one install as it was activated online.

Any FlexiStarter Company Techs out there that Know what the problem is?  I would hate to take this back to my store here and raise cane to get my money back and buy a better product.

I am still down here....

wore out?? nothing wears out, it either fails or drivers get corrupted.  I have been a certified Microsoft Support Technician for over 15 years.  No this is a brand new computer purchased at the same time with this software as my OLD software wouldnt work on the NEW pc.

I just ran the SSDClean up utility by Safenet and rebooted reinstalled new Sentinel driver and still Nothing.  I am betting its the FlexiStarter 10.  I really dont want to uninstall and reinstall this software as I have soo much configurations saved and believe I was only allowed one install as it was activated online.

Any FlexiStarter Company Techs out there that Know what the problem is?  I would hate to take this back to my store here and raise cane to get my money back and buy a better product.

I am still down here....

sounds like we should be coming to you for advise . . . . have you called sai tech support yet?

and on the upgrade get flexi pro - it is a very nice upgrade

You can install and unintall as many times as you want.  I have used Flexistarter  7.6   8.5, 8.6, and 10     It will also ask you if you want the preferences saved

I am on the phone with tech support. Installing on one of my VM machines and going to test.  They checked my Dongle and said it was fine.

Same issue on the new install.  So my question is that it looks like its the dongle.  Do I have to purchase another dongle?  I wouldnt think so if it failed which I all ready purchased the software all ready.  I have had dongles for years with vinyl cutting and other software and they have never failed me.  That is my question to SAi support.

I don't think 10.5.1 was available last January. But anyhow, you did something or your antivirus / male ware protection did something which is normally the case. If your savy enough clean it, download the latest version with your license and activation numbers right from SAI per your registration when you first got the program and off you will go. In my mind your wasting time trying to do things with the key as that is not the problem and even SAI confirmed that. Could of been done hours ago. 

when you was on the phone with SAI Tech support what did they say about the dongle?

I guess we should back up you did contact SAI tech support for the support correct - not usc?

I am on the phone with tech support. Installing on one of my VM machines and going to test.  They checked my Dongle and said it was fine.

when you was on the phone with SAI Tech support what did they say about the dongel?

Yes I contacted them.  They had me download a program that reads my dongle and states the serial number.  Which was good.  Now I installed on my wifes laptop and it works so that means something changed on my PC and the only thing I can think of is windows update or antivirus.  So I am going to uninstall all of the software, remove it all from the registry and install as if it were a fresh pc.

• Like 1

Well I just checked my logs and the last windows update was on 9/13/2013 so thats not it and my virus defenitions were last installed yesterday at noon.

I dont use system restore on any of my computers.  That is one way you cannot  get rid of virus's.  The very pesky ones hide in the restore area and that is why some people have to do a recovery of their whole PC because even though you remove it, it will still come back.  I use symantec ghost.  I imaged my PC after it was all setup and saved it away.  Then when something like this happens I can restore the whole PC the way I built it in less than 30min.  I will do that if the remove and install does not work.

Wish SAi would get their software to install in ENGLISH only. I have selected English but yet the help files/folders and drivers are all being installed in every language possible.  I timed the installation and 90% of the install time is other languages files I mentioned earlier.

post-69432-0-86585400-1380058602_thumb.j

Wow your hard drive is bigger than all 4 of my computers combined. Man I need to upgrade.

Windows update has been a known issue with Flexi forever. Most disable it and also antivirus programs are known culprits (AVG, Kasperkey, McAfee, and the worst, Norton)  and cause tons of problems with the security of keyed software, not just SAI products. 

Its not always a option but most have a separate rip station that is not connected to the internet and will not update. Eliminates all problems. 

Yes I understand keeping the work PC off the internet.  Hopefully its not my USB ports gone wild.  I am at a loss here and so is SAi support.  I am going to image my drive the way it was back in January with all my software installed and working.  If for some reason it doesnt work then I can say its the USB ports on this new PC.  I Installed the software on my wife's laptop and it works so I would say its not the dongle.

The only updates I had was yesterday at noon with Microsoft Security Essentials. I may just run the updates on my wifes computer as well to see if that disables the FlexiStarter....

Will keep you all posted.

Yes I understand keeping the work PC off the internet.  Hopefully its not my USB ports gone wild.  I am at a loss here and so is SAi support.  I am going to image my drive the way it was back in January with all my software installed and working.  If for some reason it doesnt work then I can say its the USB ports on this new PC.  I Installed the software on my wife's laptop and it works so I would say its not the dongle.

The only updates I had was yesterday at noon with Microsoft Security Essentials. I may just run the updates on my wifes computer as well to see if that disables the FlexiStarter....

Will keep you all posted.

years ago I had a similar thing happen - oldest daughter downloaded a virus on her computer so immediately went over and did the same thing to her sisters - yup same result - dad spent a lot of time fixing it back then