Sign in to follow this  
Twisted Inc.

Can Koozies for Cancer Benefit

My first heat transfer can koozies for my Sister-In-Law's Fiance who is battling cancer. Going to add Pink to the selection also. We have 300 of these to do and after weeding the first 90 I wish i would have picked a skull with less detail, UGGH!

post-5160-0-37887200-1380038578_thumb.jpFrontpost-5160-0-12132100-1380038597_thumb.jpBack

• Like 2

Yeah I like them. I thought about doing some for our local Quarterback Club. Did you use regular easyweed or something else?

Just regular easyweed, just a note, dont use the recomended application specs from Siser any longer than 10 seconds in the press is too long for the koozie. I vaporized my first one lol. i use 7 sec at 150 with cover sheet and they turned out great.

I will second that.... 15 seconds is tooooo long for koozies..... I also found out the hard way!

looks great but for 300 I agree screen them or order plastisol transfers ganged with several on a page

looks great but for 300 I agree screen them or order plastisol transfers ganged with several on a page

i thought about trying to make some Plastisol Tranfers.. i watched the youtube video on it lol

• Like 1

I heard it is a little tricky to get the temp right and you have to add a powder from what I read when I was getting into screening - glad I sold it all before i got going and now outsource or order the transfers.  the transfers work great for me as you press the size shirts you need without having 10 smalls nobody wants, and there is always someone that forgot to order one so I always get a few extra transfers.  when pressed same as screened!

• Like 1

Yes but since the cause is family i am donating all the time and material.i dont have ability to screen so this is the best route for me

• Like 1

you would have had much cheaper cost per item by ordering plastisol transfers than all that HTM.  places like http://www.howardsportswear.net/would have made this easier and cheaper.. work smarter not harder.

I think jfought and others on here might also offer plastisol transfers

plastisol transfers - lower cost per transfer, much much less time, seems simple.  but if working harder and spending more makes you feel better by all means do it.

they screen print onto a paper backer add a special powder to it, flash it part way and when you apply it to your item it is just like it is screen printed

you would have had much cheaper cost per item by ordering plastisol transfers than all that HTM.  places like http://www.howardsportswear.net/would have made this easier and cheaper.. work smarter not harder.

I think jfought and others on here might also offer plastisol transfers

plastisol transfers - lower cost per transfer, much much less time, seems simple.  but if working harder and spending more makes you feel better by all means do it.