nava2642

Charging for Heat transfer material, labor. Not Shirt/Apparel?

Hello out there, So a potential shirt/apparel customer calls, says he has the Dri fit shirts/jackets. Says he just wants me to cut design, which they already have, on disc(one color), and heatpress it on to the shirts/jackets. Fairly new to heatpress pricing. Was thinking then of charging him like I charge for decals The Height+Width/2. Then adding half of that for install. Say a 8"X8" design would be $12.50 per shirt/jacket? This sounds high to me, since he does already have the apparel. Was thinking of using this formula, then jus dropping price down to $10.00, or even taking the install price off, just leaving it at $8?:huh:?? Just don't know! Can someone please advise or direct me to the right price. I appreciate any responses. Take care!

keep in mind on your pricing - if something goes wrong with the pressing you will end up buying the new jacket - so figure the risk in with the price.  $12 is not too cheap in my eyes

I always charge more when they supply the apparel. 1: if it goes bad i'll have to replace it and 2: I don't make money off or their jackets and shirts like I do when they buy from me.

Actually, didn't consider neither one of those issues, but you guys/girls are absolutely right! That's why I love this forum, AWESOME!!! Still new, learning continuously! Thank you!!

As far as the prcing of the design they want though, is it safe to use this price formula? Thanks again!!

First, you have to figure what the actual material you are using "Costs" you.  Then you will have a better idea "where you stand".  With that in mind, I base my pricing on linear feet.  for example if you vinyl is 15" side and your longest side is 8" (I add a half inch to each end for waste making it 9" long)  So you need to figure your price on 9 linear inches of HTV.

Now, here is what I might try in your situation to cut my cost in half!!  See if the customer is ok with shrinking the image down to 7" to 7.25".... that way there you can go 2 wide on your vinyl and get two images out of the same material!!  With practically no waste.  Otherwise you going to end up with a 7" strip of waste on each design.

Hope that made a little sense.

• Like 2

If you do enough of this that 7" strip will to good use. I use the strips for pocket prints, hats, etc. but I agree with paper if you can downsize slightly you'll make a lot more profit. We use that general sizing on youth shirts maximize profitability. 

I save my 7" strips!!  Don't get me wrong..... like you, I use them where I can.  HTV is a tad more expensive than sign vinyl so I am bit more careful for sure.  I do try to maxamize as I go tho.  Also comes in handy for hats if you do vinyl on hats.