WHIT72

Text to path

I'm attempting to attach text to a circular path. I've succeed ed in that but I need the text on the bottom to be upright not upside down like the example in this picture. Any ideas?

I can't figure it out.

post-43101-0-34302200-1379589874_thumb.j

I may not be much help because I no longer have a copy of SCALP but you may have better luck if you cut the path in half at the sides then try. You should have an option to reverse the text and change the position but I can't remember the terminology in SCALP

When I do this in Flexisign   I would select the Text arc tool  then type EMERGENCY MEDICAL then hit the return or enter key and type DISPATCHER

I'm not sure it's that way in SCALP but it's worth a try.

post-24657-0-48745300-1379598499_thumb.j

I just reloaded the program in trial mode to try it out and I can't find it either. In Illustrator you can change all kinds of options. It appears the only way to make this happen is to create a separate curved line below the lower text and set it on top of that line, then you start having to figure out workarounds to slide the text on the line and get it where you want it. You will probably have to adjust the spacing to get it to look right. Evidently another weak link in the SCALP design program. All I ever used it for was as a cutter driver with my old cutter. I think you will be much better served downloading a free copy of Inkscape and learning to use it. At least that program will have the capability to do what you want. Most of us were not that impressed with the design side of the SCALP program. 

• Like 1

Yeah I was looking for aplugin to cut from macromedia suite but no luck.

Thanks again

You can always make the design in some other software and then import it into your cutting program. Just be sure to convert text to paths before importing so that there is no question it will come out exactly the way you want.

Place your circle (path) onto screen, then go to the text type tool, to path. click on that. Then on your top menu, click on the path selection, then click reverse path. When you go back down to type on path it should come out the way you want it. You might have to tweak it a lil bit with the text tools, or change size a bit, but this is the way I learned to do it. It should come out ok, Hope this helps??