Sign in to follow this  
threezzz

Pricing for small window decals

just was wondering what people charge for window decals..

3x3, 4x4 ect (inches).. basic one color

sorry i am sure it has been asked a billion times...

i am doing club logos, school logos ect... so staying in the smaller sizes

thank you!

Using the search function will show you that most go length + Height /2 for decals. So 3x3=$3

• Like 1

Well it also depends on weeding. Are they fast easy weeds, Or are they hard with allot of detail? Don't forget to count your time in the price.

I charge $5+ for short runs (20 or less)

I use this method as well for one color decals. Of course this price is for lettering and things that don't require much design time and picked up from my shop / not installed. for a second layor (color) I give a price break from this formula on the second layer (30% to 50% off). Delivery and installation depend on how much time it will take and how far away it is.

just do a basic figure, $1.00 per inch on the long side for a 1 color decal. i do a $10.00 minimum charge, its not worth it for anything less... weed time, app tape etc.

friends,, yea i give em a bit of a discount, but there my friends and i tell them the real price, then i  tell them the friend discount...so they know what the real price is.

• Like 1

I read this formula on here all the time.  BUT

I think it's important to state what kind of vinyl you're using.  

(W+H)/2 sounds like the standard for Oracal 651 but what about 751?  Or Reflective?

I use Oracle 651. And my lowest price is $5 for a 6 inch. And from there the price goes up. I have 8 sizes i generally make them in and the price is always close to on the dollar to the inches stated.

But it also depends on your market. Some places people may pay almoat double the same decal that soneone would normally pay 5 bucks for. Fairs and such are known for ridiculous pricing. I sell my 6 inch decals at the local fair for around 8 bucks while there are other there that sell for 10. I tend to make more then the other stand and I dont have to ship anything. But online and around town. 1 buck an inch.

• Like 1

That is a good way to do it.

Like I said it depends on your market.   I wanted to increase my prices a little on Amazon but I am getting so many sales I don't want to mess up what I have.  What I lose on the smaller decals (because I offer free shipping on everything)  I make up when someone buys say a 10" - 16" inch decal.  20" decals I make out on but my profit is withing the 10" - 16" range.  As my 20" some people said were under the price they should be.   20" (any decal) $18.99 Free Shipping.  Again it comes back to the market you are trying to sell to. 

Around town here and yes my friends I charge way more then I do online.  Simply because everyone is looking for a deal online.  In the home area people are willing to pay more.  

1. Because most know you (small town thing)

2. they need something specialty (usually)

3. May only have a few a week (if any)

Number 3 is a big one that you have to think about.   You may only have a few from your town that need work done at any given time.   While online you have millions looking (thousands a day) and ready to buy what they want or like.

Like I mentioned people are looking for a deal online.   I give them a deal (promotions work well) and get buyers.   At this current time I sell any where between 70 - 100 decals a week online.   At home maybe 4-5 a week.  But are usually larger jobs.   So give people the online deals for a steady flow of traffic and sales and do the larger jobs as specialty jobs around town.  It slowly builds itself.   I started only selling like 2-3 decals a day online. and now 8 - 15 a day.  Sometimes more (sales spikes).  If I remember correctly my busiest day was 46 orders.  Some were return customers and others were new but ordered multiples decals.   So that 46 order turned out to be around 73 decals if I remember correctly.  That was just one day.  Took a while to get there but it all pays my bills and covers supplies and gives me enough to save some for future purchases.

OK I prolly went into more then I should have but.   The market in your area will set your prices once you figure out what they are, what people are willing to spend, if it a business that NEEDS the work done, or is it a average working joe that WANTS his name on his redneck truck.

Either way the prices varies in what people want to pay.  You find the median and you found the sweet spot.  Cut Weed and pocket the doe.

Any of all that make sense?

• Like 1

Using the search function will show you that most go length + Height /2 for decals. So 3x3=$3

So a Square foot is $12 .. 

I should start doing it that way .. hehe

Remember at $1 an inch on the longest measurement a 4X12 is $12 although I sometimes cut them a break and charge $10

So a Square foot is $12 .. 

I should start doing it that way .. hehe

yeah that formula doesnt work for everything but for smaller decals like OP was after, it works pretty well

Unfortunately no 1 formula works in every case. Over time we all develop our own pricing system based loosely off the couple mentioned above. For example I sell cheap metal car tags with 1 color of vinyl for $10 but get the same for a sticker that size without the tag. Luckily nobody has ever questioned me on it so I just keep doing what I'm doing.

I don't know, too much about this side of the business, but I charge per square inch so a 3"X 4" would be priced the same as a 1" X 12": and for  larger items ($30,$40...etc) items I offer the 1/2 deal because larger items tend to weed better. With this formula I can scale in any direction, but I do charge a different rate per inch depending on the customer, but I never go below $.30 to as much as $.55.

• Like 1

One Correction: I start at $.30 to $.50 and reduce as logo gets wider so 12 x 12 (144sq/") I'll reduce by 1/4 not 1/2