Sign in to follow this  
Crazybry79

How to make professional refrigerator magnets

I'm looking to get into.making businedd card size magnets. What is the best way to do this? I've read of people buying precut magnets with adhesive on them, then printing on paper and sticking the paper on the cards....sounds hoakey to me....

How are companies making these magnets?

I think they print directly on the magnets and contour cut them. I have a couple of magnets that were provided by CutMe, a member here, and they are done that way.

I use the precut ones you mentioned for my business cards.  They work great but I don't know about printing on paper and then putting that on them. 

What are you using to print with? An inkjet? Vinyl printer? (I just posted another question / topic about small printers...this may be tied together!:) )

I outsource mine to kustomprintz.com I think Jonathan sends them off as well but his prices are good and he's a nice guy to deal with.

I was buying surplus printable mag-sheets and makin them with my old biz rep on them, still have some that are 24 x 36 sheets, some for car door style as well...Used the ink Jet HP 1400 and then laminated them just to be safe...

Truthfully it was 3M  who put out the stuff, 8 x 11 sheets and bought it from office or staples, now I taught myself how to use the clear vinyl on the stuff..works just as good just have to watch bubbles is all...