Guest gracewriter

Finally found the tutorial and it rocks!

Guest gracewriter

In case anyone else had this problem I couldn't find the totorial in the help menu as per the help menu's instrucitons.  I found it in my program files.  I am extremely impressed.  I've never found a more comprehensive software tutorial like ever anywhere.

Although I know nothing about the plotting world yet and don't know the questions to ask yet, at least this turtorial so far is extremely helpful.  Just soze you know, I once had photoshop I think that was the name of it.  It was a gift for about $800.00 worth of software.  I got so tired of trying to understand it I threw it away.  Kicking myself now, but hey sounds like this is the only one I need anyway.

Little did I know I'd ever have a use for it as I do today, but still, I couldn't figure out signgo software and that's why I went with Pcut 630.  It's the only software I could sort of understand without the tutorial.  At least you can use it while you are learning the program!!!!!  Photoshop was completely useless to me. 

As you scroll throuh the first several pages of the tutorial you might be thinking, "What the heck?  Where's the teaching part?"  Eventually you come to it and boy is it nice finding out what things like array means.  Someone put one heck of a lot of thought in writing it.  It's near perfect for a novice like myself.

I have a feeling I'll be able to teach this program in my sleep once I get through it.

So far I LOVE everything about this company and the software.  The support is the best I have ever had EVER with any company.  Ken has been really patient with me and no doubt could hear my restraint of wanting to jump through the phone and strangle someone when I got really confused when I was advised poorly by a local vinyl supplier.  My goodness compared to me he is a saint with the patience and a kind voice usually reserved for nicer people than myself.  I mean, if I couldn't rattle this guy, NO ONE CAN.

If you can't get him on the phone, just keep hitting redial.  It doesn't take long if you keep hitting redail.

I still don't know why I would want to use some of the features in the program, but at least I know how to use them and figure one day they will come in handy.

I have no idea how to make money in the sign/plotting world but I think if I figure it out it's going to be one heck of a lot of fun!

Best wishes,

Jude

Jude

I'm right behind you trying to figure out Signblazer, found no help in the help file.  Where in the program files did you find this pot of gold.

Tom  ;)

Guest gracewriter

It's not in the program itself.  Click your start button and find signblazer in your program files.  There are two pdf files under there entitled Font manual, the other is learning guide.  There are I think about 250 pages in the learing guide.  Very nice!

Guest gracewriter

Let me know if you don't find I, I may be able to email the manual if it's not against the rules.

;)  Well I found it, I had no idea there was this much to this.

Thanks again for the heads up on this.

Tom

Guest gracewriter

glad you found it.  The only problem if you are complete novice like myself and want to know how to do something specific right away and you don't know the language to search for it in the manual, it's a bit tedious.  Right now it works best for me just going through it page by page.  I've learned a wealth of information that way.

But then I really wanted to know how to do a few things before I got through the manual (because I don't know the terms to use to bring it up on the manual) so I got on the forum and started asking questions.  Now that I've asked them I know the terms to search for in the manual.

If you are not as impatient as I am, the manual is the way to go at first, most definately and extremely comprehensive.

I really love this forum because those things I didn't have the patience to wait and learn through the manual one by one, I asked on the forum.  Every single time people have been quite gracious and answered my questions.  Now that they have done that I know exactly what words to use to search the manual to find what I'm looking for.  And by the way, this is how nice these people are...Several of them who were having a hard time explaining things to me because of my ignorance about computer language and graphic language actually made me videos of the things I was trying to do!!  OMG!  I've been on the internet ever since it was in DOS and have never met so many kind and helpful people.  Where else can you go on the net where your comptitors bend over backwards to help you?  NO WHERE!

No one is mean in here, they all seem to have the patience of a saint.  So don't be shy about asking questions, I have a feeling some of these people "live" to be asked how to do something, because they are naturally talented, and are passionate about what they do.  I can't wait for the day when I am proficient enough to help new people too.

So, go through the manual it's VERY comprehensive.  But if you need to know how to do something sooner than it's going to take to complete the manual, POST  YOUR QUESTION ON THIS FORUM, just try to make sure you post it in the right catagory.  If you don't, they move it for you, NICE!   Some questions you ask on the forum will better help you understand the manual and visa versa.

I'm still trying to figure out how on earth they apply two colors of vinyl to a substrait (another term I learned in the last few days--meaning the surface you want to apply it to).  I found a load of videos on utube a couple of hours ago for application techniques that is blowing my socks off and am learning all kinds of things at warp speed, not to mention learning things I didn't know I needed to learn.  So when you are ready do a search on Utube of vinyl cutters, vinyl application, etc.

There are videos on this site as well under the instructional area.  The best one I watched was a wet application technique.  Now that I've seen it I never want to attempt to do a dry application.

Sorry for the lengthy email, I tend to type nearly as fast as I can talk.  It's also nice to have someone to share this experience with.

Any time I can help out, let me know.  I may not know much but I know how to find out.

Cheers!

I found the manual today and started reading it... I was not at my computer so I didn't go into it very far.  I really hate learning a new program, but it looks easy enough.  I was hoping that I could just create a design in Photoshop Elements (at my home) and import it into the SignBlaster (at our shop), but it kept telling me it was a bitmat even though I had it saved as an .eps, so any tips for that would be appreciated.  Hope I didn't just hyjack this thread, sorry.

Guest gracewriter

No problem but you may want to go to the signblazer forum and post this.  You may get a quicker response.

I found the manual today and started reading it... I was not at my computer so I didn't go into it very far.  I really hate learning a new program, but it looks easy enough.  I was hoping that I could just create a design in Photoshop Elements (at my home) and import it into the SignBlaster (at our shop), but it kept telling me it was a bitmat even though I had it saved as an .eps, so any tips for that would be appreciated.  Hope I didn't just hyjack this thread, sorry.

You soooo just described my world the past two days. Very frustrating! I'm so glad I opened this thread. Hopefully the tutorial will help me with this same problem!

Mine's not in my program files. Is it under signblazer? I do have something called cutting technologies. If I re-install signblazer will it turn up?

Guest gracewriter

signblazer learning guide it what it's called.  It should have shown up in your program files under signblazer elements.  If you can't find it I think I can email you mine.  It in PDF format

Mine was under cutting technologies in my program files. So if you can't find it under signblazer, look for cutting technologies, or techniques.

Hello everyone. Could someone please email me the PDF. I cant find it anywhere in program files and i also tried the link Guest gracewriter posted and i'm getting an error message

(We can’t connect to the server at www.blazertech.net.). I would really appreciate it. my email address is bigbossdrilling@gmail.com

Thank you in advance :)

Signblazer is abandonware. (unlimited trial version)   Owner passed away over 8 years ago.  Software is not updated.. This website has been updated several times and many links are dead.  Maybe User  Slice & Dice can send you a good link for the software.  Not sure about the user manual.