Sign in to follow this  
tazzdog

need help vectorizing

I need help vectorizing this jpg image. I have been messing around in inkscapes for hours and it doesn't look good. I want to use it in signblazer to make stickers for a truck. I can do the lettering in  signblazer, so all I need is the auction hammer.  Any help would be much appreciated!  Thank you

post-17530-0-73256900-1377820005_thumb.j

Thank you sooo much!  Do you do that in Inkscapes? If you did, after you traced-bitmaps,  how did you get it to look good?

Thank you again!

I'm going to jump in here, because sometimes it's worth having a graphic that isn't 100% silhouette, and contains a few minor highlights that allow the object to be better identified.

This auction hammer is one of those elements, and if you look at the original one (the raster graphic) it's got some dimension that would be nice to carry forward in the final result.

In other words, the woodworking of the handle and head that was done on a turning lathe provides the hammer with a certain 'look' that gets lost in the pure silhouette.

That being said, I have no idea how to accomplish that in the vector conversion.

Just thought it would be an interesting project to attempt, and maybe someone else here can provide the desired results.