Sign in to follow this  
jet1012

stuck on 2 fonts

Anyone recognize this fonts? I am beyond stumped for both of them. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

ntsdetail_375_10385.jpg

original_600x600-You-are-my-Sunshine.jpg

Not all "fonts" are actually fonts.

Some (like these) are graphics which are designed from scratch.

In other words, you just can't load them into your Fonts folder and type away to achieve the result.

Bottom looks hand drawn but top appears to be font based. Best chance you've got is if Mark-s stops in.

Bottom looks hand drawn but top appears to be font based. Best chance you've got is if Mark-s stops in.

How do you explain the different L's ?

Or that "C" which intersects with the O ?

Doesn't seem like something you can just type in and have it all working together like that.

The L could be capital and lower case and the oerlapping letters are simply a matter of adjusting spacing. That is where creativity comes into play. I just looked at it again and I'm 80-90% for it being a font but I'm not on the store computer so i really can't try to look it up.

The top one is Jana Thork, seems to be a pay only font.

mark-s

there is just something unnatural about Marks font abilities

• Like 1

Mark is the man. And I feel a little redemption sticking to my guns about that being a font but the other 1 really does look drawn.

Scott, def. like the black with paint better that the white but you're really starting to confuse me because I ID many members by a quick glance at their avatar and yours changes every 5 minutes.

• Like 1

OK, it's Jana Thork, but how did the flairs on the L's and C get into the design? Graphic editing, no doubt.

So yes, it's Font-based, with some tweaking.

And I also prefer the black background for dakota's avatar.

There are 8 fonts to the Jana Thork font family and one of them has the swooshes.

mark-s

There are 8 fonts to the Jana Thork font family and one of them has the swooshes.

mark-s

I stand corrected.

Thank you for providing yet more education about fonts, it is really quite vital for being successful in this business, and I love learning tid-bits which you provide here.

My humble thanks for the many times Mark and all the others have helped me, but especially Mark - S

post-40404-0-84585600-1377634053_thumb.j

• Like 1