nava2642

How much to charge for 3" heatpress vinyl, 2 color letters???

Hello out there, Jus picked up a small job,12 shirts (cotton), Navy blue, All they want is two letters "DC", 3' X 3", right under the front mid collar. I'm new to heatpress vinyl pricing, so I'd like to be very careful on how I charge. Want to build clients, not scare them away, but not give them away either!! Make sense? If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. I was kind of thinking to charge like I do my decals, but am I thinking wrong?? Thank you for your help!!

Myself i add up the cost  shirt + vinyl (.14 cents a inch my cost) X 1.5  then add 2 to 5 dollars time in each shirt  i get most shirts out  at 10 to 15 dollars for small batches. If it is a single i hit them for a 20 bill. But it all depends on what the area can afford.

Depends, if you get the shirts for $3(shirts will cost more for sizes over XL) It will cost you about $4 in materials, then what your time is worth?  You could bang these out in no time, as the weeding will be simple.

You post states 3'x3", did you mean 3"x"3? 36 inches will be difficult to fit on a shirt.

My color shirts are $6 up to XL and $8 2X up to 6X and the lettering would fall under my $3 minimum so $9 up to XL and $11 2X +

Hey guys, thank you for your help, I did mean 3", thank you for clarifying that. So I ended up charging $85.00 for 12 shirts. This just included a 3" X 3" "DC on the mid front, right under the collar. Two colors. I just used the formula (3+3 inches=6, divided 6 by 2=3, plus half of that ($1.50), for two colors.$4.50 X 12=54.00. Then divided 54 by 2,=27. To charge for the install of the emblems. The customer gave me the shirts. Grand total came to $81.00, then just rounded to $85.00. Does this make sense?:huh: I think it helped. Anyway, thank you again for your help! I appreciate it very much, I'm sure I'll be on here again! Take Care!

I work too cheap mostly but would have been at $6/ea on those so you are right in there. They still saved plenty over a lot of places. Doing vinyl is nice because you don't the high set-up costs screenprinters do. I get a lot of business because of it. (plus the local shirt shop has pretty much offended every living person in town)

Hello Jay's place, you say your color shirts are $6, up to XL, then $8, 2X to 6X. This is this for the graphic right?, The vinyl you place on the shirts? This does not include the shirt price, right? Thanks again, jus very much in the dark here. In Albuquerque, NM, and I don't know of any T-shirt places here that do Heatpress vinyl. Was trying to get help out here, a lil guidance, but with no resources? I've called around, but only to compare to screenprinting prices, and these guys are way higher than what I had in mind. Thanks!!!   NAVA Graphics.

That is for blank shirt. Design depends on size, # of colors, and complexity. 1 color basic pocket logo runs $3. I color back up to 10" and basic design runs $6. Other than that I price on a per job basis. Add shirt price and vinyl price for total per shirt. As a side note I have never charged more than $22 for a finished shirt that seems to be the threshold of what people will spend in this area.