xpaperman

Keep Calm and ? On

Does anyone know or have any info on this new fad?  I mean I know this history of it and where it came from etc.... but it seems to be big right now.  Is there any copyright or trademark issues if you use the phrase and put whatever you want in place of the question mark?  

I was thinking about coming up with some local sayings for my part of the world and trying to sell some but was unsure about the legality of it if any.

As always, thanks in advance (and I look forward to a sure to be posted photo of some kind from Slice)  :D

I did a few rear window decals for a friend of mine about a month ago. It ooriginated in England. More info at chive on.com

I too have used it, a shirt for my daughter, one for my niece and one for a friend.  I was just wondering if it is ok to phrase.  

That fad is on it's way out over here in California. I didn't used to worry much about doing shirts that were available to buy from all of the shirt websites and local stores. Not saying that that means they aren't copyrighted but I never copied their image, always made my own version of it. "keep calm,  Aint nobody got time", and so on.

Usually when someone tells me to "keep calm" all hell is about to break loose.

Every time I'm told to keep calm it is way too late for calm. Digging the shirt.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="slice&dice" data-cid="323523" data-time="1376275480"><p>

Usually when someone tells me to "keep calm" all hell is about to break loose.</p></blockquote>

Roger that. If it gets to the point someone needs to tell me to calm down. A Shit show is about to ensue.

From wikipedia,

In August 2011, it was reported a UK-based company called Keep Calm and Carry On Ltd[12] had registered the slogan as a community trade mark in the EU,[13][14] after failing to trademark the slogan in the United Kingdom.[15] They issued a take-down request against a seller of Keep Calm and Carry On products.[16] Questions have been raised as to whether the registration could be challenged, as the slogan had been widely used before registration and is not recognisable as indicating trade origin.[14] An application has been submitted by British intellectual property advisor and UK trademarking service Trade Mark Direct, to cancel the trademark on the grounds that the words are too widely used for one person to own the exclusive rights.[17] The company is now trying to trademark the slogan in both the United States[18] and Canada.[15][19]

Are Trademarks only good in the country they are made in? Or if you trademark something is it law all around the world?

Being as you're in Texas I would think "Keep Calm and Shoot On"