Sign in to follow this  
BCOJdecals

3M vinyl

Hey guys, I've been using Oracal 651 for most everything, but for the longest time I've been wanting to try 3M...can anyone tell me which 3M vinyl is comparable to 651 and where the best place to get it from might be (online)?  Thanks in advance.

I buy 3M and Gerber (made by 3M) from my local supplier. Now 3M Scotchcal marking film with the clear plastic liner (7725-12) is all I buy. I still have a bunch of 651 that I will use until it's gone but all my new purchased vinyl is going to be 3M. It is a performance cast vinyl and works great, I get it for $6.50 a yard locally.

There's a thread on here to get free samples of 3M. The only thing is they quit giving rolls from what I understand, and only give 8X10 sheets.

Thanks for all of the replies...it would be really nice to have a local supplier...I envy those of you who do. 

I have been doing decals for 3 or 4 years and only recently found out that there is a local sign supply company close to me. Wish I had known a long time ago because I can get things same day and cheap. Denco Sales has 7 or 8 locations I think, might be worth checking out. They do deliver, local is $6 but they also offer Fedex and UPS.

• Like 1