ulises3

help on pricing a job

hey guys just a quick question  i did a job for a coworker (wich i don't really like him) he messed up decals on a 2005 jeep willys (military numbers and some stars) he could it got them from ebay for 60 bucks but it would take up to 6 days to get them and he need it them for tomorrow because they got the car sold so i just knocked them down real quick. what would i charge him for the next day service i did 2 16.5x5.5 and a 13.5 x13.5 star & fuel decal  he didnt ask me for price so i think i can charge him what i want but i need some advise first thanks in advance

16.5 x 5.5 = $11 each

13.5 x 13.5 = $14

Tell him he owes you a lunch, too.

• Like 1

You never know what your gonna get from Ebay either. Cheap vinyl, weird colors, or the wrong size / shape. People can save a few bucks over the internet but they lose out on the available customer service, speed and available help by doing so. 

I would say $40 to $50 for the decals sounds rite but how rushed were you? Did he tell you at 6:00 pm that he needed them that night? If I have to miss dinner for a guy that I didn't really like I would probably charge him $20 to $30 for the rush processing. Now if I can get it done by 6:00 pm or so then I probably wouldn't charge more then $50 total. 

If ebayer gets $60 I'm damn sure gonna get $60 minimum.

• Like 1

ok so i nailed him with 120 bucks  he gave me crap about it  i told him order it from ebay and grab my decals later on he came over and says fine plus he still has to pay for instalation.

i told him he owes me a surf and turf and he goes FU lol

and that is tru ted you dont know what u get from ebay i was very rushed and yeah he told me right arround 6 pm i was leaving work so he had to wait till this morning my boss even tpold me you should of charge them more (i work in a diferent department) i said no its ok thank you guys

I would have charged around $56.00 but, have a "rush" item in my pricing program of $30 minimum. Depends on how rushed and customer attitude. I did a sign for a friend of mines repair shop. "THe price you were quoted is WITHOUT your help. With your help, that price DOUBLES!"He didn't have many giving opinions or advice. LOL.