Sign in to follow this  
mactube

Rookie

Hi,
I'm new here and planing to be a regular member in this forum ( if I purchase a Vinyl Cutter from US Cutter ) since I discovered , that forums are the best way to get information for any passion, business or hobby. 

I have not even bought equipment yet, which is one reason I registered in this forum. 
I'm planning to make T-Shirts but also Stickers and Banners and looking for an inexpensive Vinyl Cutter and Heat Transfer Press which I can use with my Mac. I hope to find some good tips and information about equipment and Material.

I'm interested in the SC Series since from my understanding this is an inexpensive machine that works with Mac.

Has somebody mac experience with this machine ? Can you recommend this machine in general? 

Welcome from South Carolina and it doesn't matter where you buy your equipment from we are equal opportunity helpers. Can't offer any suggestions for you because I know absolutely nothing about Mac compatibility.

Welcome. I dont know Mac but I do use a SC cutter. Im pretty happy with it as my first cutter. Its paid itself off numerous times since I got it in November

Hello and welcome......reading and learning is a great first step. There is a lot of information on the forum and even information on the various cutters. So read and browse the threads and post and it will make it a lot easier when you get a cutter.

i love my SC but i don't have a Mac , so no help there either. Welcome. This is a great forum. Lots to learn here and all willing to share that i have found.

I just got my first machine (an SC) about 2 mo. ago.  I use it with a Mac.  So far, so good.  I am not all that computer savvy, though...

Cal

I'm using an SC machine (with a Dell PC and WinXP) and I would actually suggest you go with the next model up, the TC 34" for $600.

It has the high-speed PIC control system, providing higher speed, lower noise.

@jaybird and @Money thanks for welcoming me , would you recommend the SC cutter in general ? Like I said I'm looking mostly into doing t-shits and stickers and banners with vectors form illustrator . 

... and what do you guys think about the the cheap heat presses for around $ 150.  I can imaging that any heat press will work , but than again there gotta be a difference between a $ 150 and a 700$ one !?

thanx 

@mabsotthandyman @dakotagrafx @clhyer @theresat

@jaybird and @Money thanks for welcoming me , would you recommend the SC cutter in general ? Like I said I'm looking mostly into doing t-shits and stickers and banners with vectors form illustrator . 

... and what do you guys think about the the cheap heat presses for around $ 150.  I can imaging that any heat press will work , but than again there gotta be a difference between a $ 150 and a 700$ one !?

there is and it is the even exact heat distribution - this is a  good starter unless you can find a mighty, hotronix or knight in your area  http://sunie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

this is a lightweight unit I used to get started - worked great until I could afford the hotronix

it is getting harder to find value presses with over the center pressure adjustment and even harder to find one with relatively even heat

The only thing I know about mac is it taste great with cheese!   :lol:

I bought a bundle from US cutter off of ebay.  It came with the SC Cutter and the heat press.  The SC in my opinion is a good starting point.  Simple and easy to use.  It is quite noisy when cutting tho.  I too paid for my purchase in no time.  The Heat press that came with it I am sure is bottom of the line, in fact, I don't even think there is a manufactures name on it.  It too works great.  It may not hold up over the long haul... I don't know.... but it works great for now and has also paid for itself.

Welcome to the forum and Howdy from Texas

The only thing I know about mac is it taste great with cheese!   :lol:

I bought a bundle from US cutter off of ebay.  It came with the SC Cutter and the heat press.  The SC in my opinion is a good starting point.  Simple and easy to use.  It is quite noisy when cutting tho.  I too paid for my purchase in no time.  The Heat press that came with it I am sure is bottom of the line, in fact, I don't even think there is a manufactures name on it.  It too works great.  It may not hold up over the long haul... I don't know.... but it works great for now and has also paid for itself.

Welcome to the forum and Howdy from Texas

now why after all this time did that trigger a memory from full metal jacket about texas . . . .weird

@slice&dice are there other noticeable differences that you know of ? I will probably not mass produce so if the SC series is a little slower and louder thats ok with me. 

I'm more interested in the other functunality . I have read about problems with the installation of the software and high costs after the trail period.

main thing you may deal with is the common little bit it may not complete cutting - the install we can get you hooked  up with - with all the knowlegeable people hanging around here.  if using flexi starter you can add to the overcut to take care of that little bit that commonly hangs on the value cutters.

Just be aware that all of the cheaper cutters have 1 weakness and that's fine detail and extremely small cuts. I've owned 5 value cutters and all of them had that same weakness and all were loud. Now that I have a Graphtec I can see a big difference in quality especially on detailed cuts and it is quiet but if you never heard a quality machine you may not realize just how loud these other cutters are.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome.  This is a great forum with many knowledgeable, helpful and friendly people.

@xpaperman

@slice&dice

@clhyer

@theresat

Do you have problems with fine details when you cut vinyl ? 

Hope everybody had a nice productive weekend . 

I'm getting ready to order my first Vinyle Cutter from UScutter today. 

Most likely the SC Series .  

I'll start off with T-Shirts and Stickers what other supplies do I have to order to start off?

I have the SC and I use it for mostly T-shirts. I havent had any issues as of yet and I have done some fine detail on shirts.

Welcome from the west coast. I have been pretty happy with my Laserpoint 36" but I am definitely ready to upgrade to a better machine. I would like to be able to cut finer detail and worry less about adjusting and dialing all my settings in. The economy machines are a great starting point to get you working though.