Xpanic

MH721 Contour Cutting not working properly

Hi all, new in the forum.

I have the following issue: 

When cutting a contour with the laserpoint the cutter fails producing also like a "mirror cut" on the right side of the plotter. 

You can find a attached image that better explains the problem.

Thank you in advance

post-61001-0-06135300-1374578138_thumb.j

Are you just trying to cut around the outside? If so why all the cut lines through the design area.

The file is a simple illustrator vector, if cutted in "normal mode" all works fine. The problems exists only using the countour cut function (simple/advanced) in signcut.

Do you really have a MH 721 Refine vinyl cutter, that UScutter sells, as you stated at the top of this thread....?    Or a Laserpoint2  which is made by Liyu?    Which really is a contour cutting vinyl cutter.   As MH 721 vinyl cutters are not a laser pointer  and do not do contour cutting. .  Big difference between MH 721 and a Laserpointer2.      The MH721 that UScutter sells, does not even have a laser on it.

@Mz Skeeter: I really have a MH721 with laserpoint.

Problem FIXED: I've putted the laser a little bit "far" from the first registration mark, at about 1cm, instead of just near. ;D   

And that changes something in the world? I had a problem, asked other people for a solution, finded a solution, shared the solution for the community benefit.

And that changes something in the world? I had a problem, asked other people for a solution, finded a solution, shared the solution for the community benefit.

No, not at all.   It just took me longer to try and figure out what you really had....because USCutter does not sell Refines with a laser point.  Many, many people come on here and post in the wrong threads.    New people sometimes don't even know what vinyl cutter they have. 

And if you notice,  YOU posted it under USCUTTER REFINE VINYL CUTTER< when it is NOT. 

It is a competitor's machine, and there is a category for that. Which would have made more sense.  

I have purchased a cutter, on the label I can read MH721, drivers from USCutter, configured as USCutter Refine MH721.... anyway is not so important, I'm really satisfied with this machine.

The most important thing is the solution of a problem, a problem not strictly related with a specific machine model. I hope it can be usefull for other people.  :lol:

Why doesn't quote work? :angry:

Xpanic, where did you find that cutter for sale. I'm interested. PM me if you wish.

Why doesn't quote work? :angry:

Xpanic, where did you find that cutter for sale. I'm interested. PM me if you wish.

@ TheKid,  just curious, are you just interested in a MH cutter that contour cuts?  If so, you can purchase, Flexistarter 10 and turn your MH into a contour cutter..   The program is in the software  It works for most any vinyl cutter. .  Does not use a Laser.  measures registration marks with the blade in the middle of the registration mark and records in the cutting software.  Can be had for under $130 on Ebay.....  Recommended to be use with a serial cable.   Purchase the All cutter version.  It is also sold on UScutter website.  but higher priced.

MZ SKEETER...are you saying that if  you have an MH series cutter  you can run software to contour cut around a printed image even tho there is no laser on the MH?

Any cutter can technically contour cut, the trick is getting everything lined up so that the contour cut is exactly where you want. If you have the patience and ability to take good measurements, you could contour cut without any special software, again, just a matter of lining everything up both in the software and hardware.

• Like 1

With software that will allow it you can get a standard cutter to do a contour cut within reason. All the feedback that I read even on the laser pointer machines is that they end up using the blade to align the cutter rather than the laser due to problems with the offset distance of the laser. IMO the laser is a sales gimmick although the LP2 seems to be a superior machine in general.

True contour cut machines have an optical eye that reads the registration marks and will cut accurately.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kkeeble said:

MZ SKEETER...are you saying that if  you have an MH series cutter  you can run software to contour cut around a printed image even tho there is no laser on the MH?

Yes,   Flexistarter has it's own contour cutting program built into it.The software uses the location of the blade in the center of the registration marks., then it is recorded in the software.  The software has interactive buttons to jog the cutter between the registration marks.   My versions  of Flexistarter 8.6v2  and 10 have it....Flexistarter is getting hard to find, as it has gone to cloud... If you get it, I would suggest the all cutter version,,which is exactly that includes hundreds of vinyl cutters.    Some vinyl cutter distributors include or sell versions that only have their vinyl cutters on it...Maybe only Pcut version, Liyu,version,  I saw several youtube videos showing how to use Flexistarter to contour cut printed images..Some of the instructors are hard to understand do to language barriers. But they show it slow enough that you can see.