edwin73

signblazer importing eps file to cut

Can anyone help me...i open SB & go to files I can't locate eps files to import into SB.... They have already been vectorized and I can use them in sign it but unable to import or find them in Signblazer (SB)....

As has been noted here in the forums countless times before, SiBE will not recognize nor import .eps files that were created in newer versions of Illustrator (after version 8 )

Can anyone help me...i open SB & go to files I can't locate eps files to import into SB.... They have already been vectorized and I can use them in sign it but unable to import or find them in Signblazer (SB)....

Are you selecting the correct folder?

• Like 1

I dont see it in signblazer & it does not allow me to find it on my computer......or can u tell me how to open signblazer and find a image and vector it in sign blazer.... Like if I find a superman jpg file how do I get it In signblazer ?? So that I can vector the image in signblazer?

I found that most eps files have to be put into the sbd file folder for signblazer.then you can import it in to cut it

• Like 1

Be sure to use the import option rather than the open file option.

• Like 1

joker please just tell me this... How do I take a image online (Google)

and import it into signblazer to vectorize that image...it might be jpg.....can you tell me how to do that

if you take a image from google you have to vectorize it. using inkscape or vector magic.. once you do this open your folder that it is in and move it to the sbd file folder for signblazer.. This is how i normally do it. Most imgaes from google are a jpeg bitmap if i am correct. 

• Like 1

SB can vector images but I've never got it to work very well. Inkscape is much easier to use and I've heard does a better job. I pretty much do all my design/layout in inkscape then either save as an EPS or copy and paste into SB.

Ok I did the vectorize in inkscape now I open up signblazer and go to files and I dont see my image and I can't put it in signblazer...:huh:

Did you save the vectored image as an EPS? Do you know where you saved it? In SB did you choose import and navigate to folder location you saved the EPS file?

Or in inkscape, do a select all, copy, and then paste into SB. It will paste in huge but you can just scale it down to the size you want.

Okay if you are you using windows xp you will have a windows explorer. if windows 7 you can click on my computer and click the drop down arrow for c drive then you should see the folder sbd files.. Then drag and drop you image into this folder. once you do this you should be able to open signblazer and click import. Then another screen will pop up with some squares that have eps images that are cut ready.. on my it dont show the image just a black screen in the square. find the image name that you want and click it. then it will go back to your working screen and have another screen pop up that says use postcript scanner. that is what i click on and then your image should show up in your work area...

I did not know that process darcshadow thanks for that info. as you can see i do it the long way. that way my image is saved in signblazer

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="darcshadow" data-cid="321136" data-time="1374515978"><p>

Did you save the vectored image as an EPS? Do you know where you saved it? In SB did you choose import and navigate to folder location you saved the EPS file?<br />

<br />

Or in inkscape, do a select all, copy, and then paste into SB. It will paste in huge but you can just scale it down to the size you want.</p></blockquote>

I have used Inkscape to vectorize and cut decals with SignBlazer. Vectorize in Inkscape, save on disc and import to SignBlazer.

This is frustrating. im having same problem. i can see the logo eps in my sb folder but it does not show when i import it.

I found that most eps files have to be put into the sbd file folder for signblazer.then you can import it in to cut it

how do i import eps files into sbd folder?

how do i import eps files into sbd folder?

Just save them there, or move them into that folder.  Drag & drop (or C/P)

The SBD folder is located at your root drive.

You can also create any sub-folders within it, for graphics (I've made two folders, one for .eps and one for .jpg)

Dummy here, how do I  "Just save them there, or move them into that folder.  Drag & drop (or C/P)" ?

I try to send to SB ,but nothing happens.

Just save them there, or move them into that folder.  Drag & drop (or C/P)

The SBD folder is located at your root drive.

You can also create any sub-folders within it, for graphics (I've made two folders, one for .eps and one for .jpg)

You go up to FILE at the top of your upper left page,  click it...you will have  options.. click SAVE as,  Make sure you SAVE AS in the correct file format. of what it is...such as .eps. .ai.  svg.  etc...  and you are saving to a file folder such as documents.. 

Show us where the file is...  If it is a vector file, and you are allowed to use it,, you would DOWNLOAD the file to your computer from the DOWNLOAD  button on their site...   then you would import that file into Signblazer..

Files are from cadworx, I have permission to use them.

I think my main problem is they are after 8.

I don't know how to tell when files were produced.

Files are from cadworx, I have permission to use them.

I think my main problem is they are after 8.

I don't know how to tell when files were produced.

An image can be in eps format and still not be suitable for a vector program.

Cadworx eps may not be suitable for Sign Blazer...

( It could still have raster components within the image that interfere with opening the file correctly, for example)

Maybe open the file in a different program such as Illustrator and resave them in an older eps format?

Maybe post the file in question and someone else can look at it?

• Like 1

When using the command "Save as" (keyboard shortcut CTRL + S) you'll be provided a dialogue box that offers a place to save it, and just navigate to the Root 'C' drive and into the SBD folder.

Alternatively, you can move things around from folder to folder by dragging and dropping within Windows standard interface.

Or, SELECT the file and Copy (or Cut) it and then Paste wherever you wish (right-clicking on the mouse will give you these options).

Keyboard shortcuts  CTRL + C (or CTRL + X) and then CTRL + V.