abullock22

iron on vinyl for tshirts

There is also a product called Tee Square It! that is designed specifically for lining up transfers and making sure they're properly centered.  I am too cheap to spend $45 on a plastic ruler, so I just use a nice metal 18" ruler from Wal-Mart ($1.99 as I recall) and eyeball the alignment.

Having a big press does make it easier as the bottom platen serves as a guide for lining it up...

thanks for the responses, I was eyeballing it on a ironing board so was barely using the correct equipment at the time but mid way through was wondering how your supposed to do it properly - a proper larger press would make life a lot easier.

thanks

Just measure everything off the bottom of the shirt and you should be fine with the iron board.

I bought the Tee Square and love it!  Then I read a thread on here where someone said to just fold the shirt in half and press. (to make a seam down the middle)  then to take your transfer and fold in half to form a seam down the center.... align the two seams (the transfer on the shirt) and viola!  I tried it and it saves so much time and works like a charm!

I bought the Tee Square and love it! Then I read a thread on here where someone said to just fold the shirt in half and press. (to make a seam down the middle) then to take your transfer and fold in half to form a seam down the center.... align the two seams (the transfer on the shirt) and viola! I tried it and it saves so much time and works like a charm!

thats actually a really smart idea when possible , although diffuclt when you have a full spread graphic i imagine or does the crease iron out?

On a large graphic I just put a crease at the top and bottom of the backing and just use that to align from.  I would think the crease would iron out tho but have not tried it.

thats actually a really smart idea when possible , although diffuclt when you have a full spread graphic i imagine or does the crease iron out?

You fold and quickly press the shirt to create the crease - then manually fold and crease the top and bottom edges of your transfer, line up the crease marks, cover it up and press it - the crease gets pressed out - Bob's your uncle.