Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

I hate fonts

So can I get a little help on this to make life easier. Need the Mixx Blend

post-40404-0-71131300-1373563734_thumb.j

My hero. Now I can save the aspirin for next time.

I would gladly help redraw something for somebody than look for a font. Just the thought of it makes my head hurt. And I NEVER find the 1 I'm looking for. So thanks for taking the time and helping out.

they are a necessary evil - I hate searching thru for just the rightt font - but it makes or breaks a design

I don't mind that so much it's trying to match something already there that I find frustrating. I'm trying which is why I only ask occasionally and usually try to do it myself.  I think I just need to add a surcharge for font matching and then at least it may offset my time. I think bannerjohn posted about doing something similar to that.

Scott, when you buy this are you locked into the computer it's downloaded to or can you use it on multiple computers?

Edit: I just watched the tutorial video on the site and it looks like a neat deal but my question is how well does it distinguish the letter from the background if it's not a high contrast between the 2

I don't know it was internet activated so I am pretty sure you are locked to the computer.  on the destiguishing it has a tolerence control to help with that

Between the recommendation of yourself and jfought I think this is in my near future. For the price it isn't gonna break the bank either way. Thanks for the input.

I hope that didn't break the piggy bank with your asperations man . . . :huh:   maybe time to increase your prices

Easy come, easy go. It isn't like you can take it with you when your times up.

ok found out what the graduation part is costing me Saturday  - now I am freaking out more than hatter

Easy come, easy go. It isn't like you can take it with you when your times up.

When my mother passed away last year, we put a blank check in her casket, signed by us kids, and we wrote, "We hope you can find a great deal on a breaded tenderloin in Heaven, and you can take  Dad out to dinner too. "    Mom always said" she was going to spend every last penny she had".   And she loved a good homemade breaded tenderloin.  I'm sure she smiled about it.

• Like 2

I deal with people everyday trying to make their next million or ? ? ? For what if you have what you want and need why run yourself into the ground for something you won't be able to enjoy.

It's only 39 bucks?  That ain't bad.... heck, I might even buy it......surely 39 bucks won't break ya.  The next small order you get..... force yourself to try and fill it using scrap vinyl only...... that should help defray the cost   ;D

• Like 1

Force hell, I use "scrap" whenever possible. What can I say I'm cheap  ;D Yeah I think it's time to break the piggy bank open and just buy it.

Well, I don't use scrap as often as I should.  Sometimes it just seems easier and faster to just use the roll.... the time I save doing that versus going through the scrap pile looking for just what I need seems to offset the difference.  (talking about the smaller stuff of course)

I have bread tray from the grocery store and we sort by color ex. Reds and pinks, blues, yellows and greens etc. so I just go to thattray and within second I know if I have what I need in scrap. On the longer strip of material I have a shelf we have it rolled up and standing on for quick reference. If its all in a pile it just takes too long like you said.

I cut 1 long side off 48" transfer tape boxes.  Oracal 30" and 24" boxes.  and stand my scraps up in them,rolled up with the size written on the outside.   Pretty ez to find.