Sign in to follow this  
odokie

I want to buy and learn Adobe to use with Signblazer, which one should I get?

I want to buy and learn Adobe to use with Signblazer, which one should I get?  one reason is to create wall quotes with "Open type" fonts that SB does not open.  I want to be able to create on AI and import to SB.  Is this possible and easy to do?  which AI should I purchase?

Thanks is advance!

Mary Ann

just export out of ai as a .eps and import into sb - you will have to save it as an older version of .eps as sb hasn't been developed or had updates for about 5 years

Pretty much any version of AI will work. I have CS3. The biggest issue is opening files that were created with newer versions of AI if you don't have the latest.

Mary Ann sent you a PM.

Big learning curve with adobe get ready.

mark-s

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your feedback!  I will update you on how it goes. :rolleyes:

Mary Ann

Honestly, it's almost worthwhile to just work inside of Flexi and accomplish everything you need with fonts right inside that application.

• Like 1

I use Adobe Illustrator CS2. Once the text it converted to curves you can just copy and paste it into Signblazer. Then total weld & group.

I use one Signblazer file that has hundreds of my cut-ready designs in it. I can just find the design that I want to cut, copy it, then drag the copied design into the workspace. After it's cut, I delete the copy. That way none of the designs are actually moved and everything stays organized.

I was able to download CS2 and created a fancy wall quote with a font that has some nice Glyphs fonts. I saved it as EPS but when Imported to SB it opened nothing, it was just a blank screen. 

When I copyed and pasted it to SB it worked but the Glyphs fonts turned in to question marks. 

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mary Ann

You have to save the .ai files as older version 8.eps files for Signblazer.  Signblazer has not been updated for several years.  

You have to save the .ai files as older version 8.eps files for Signblazer.  Signblazer has not been updated for several years.  

What do you mean by older version?  when I save it in ai I choose to save as .eps, there is only 1 eps option to save as.

Thanks for your info.

Mary Ann

All illustrator versions give you  an option to save as an older version.  So it can be used in older software.  For Signblazer you have to use version 8.   When you save there is a drop down box with different versions. As the picture I am showing you.post-3058-0-59110200-1372649499_thumb.jp

you are awesome! I was able to get it to work. 

Thanks for your help!!

All of you guys have been alot of help! ;D

Mary Ann