BearlyRich

Corel plugin???

I am just curious if anyone using Scalp has also used the Corel plugin?

I have yet to get anything done with Scalp due to it's limitations and bizare interface. Then I thought of just using it for cutting since I do most designing in Corle anyway. So I installed the plugin. It does come up on the Corel menu. I can click on it to send to Scalp. Then I get a hhuge and complex error window that pretty much incomprehnsible. I click Okay and get the little windows of sending to Scalp. Then absolutely nothing.... I've tried with Scalp already open and Scalp closed. Still nothing... I'm using Corel X3 on an XP machine with Scalp 3.048 (I believe). I have 3.052 but haven't bothered to install it yet and probably won't.....

So if you've gotten the plugin to work, please just let me know so I don't go off and beat my head on a wall for nothing. Although this seems like the end of the road for Scalp...

Thanks...

Okay then. Seems like nmoone else has it working either... :(:bear:

Sorry... I do use SCALP, but I don't use Corel.  So, I'm no help!

Im using CorelDRAW x6 and SCALP right now. I have had that problem off and on, I believe it to be a file size problem. I just took a logo I have been working on and power traced it to clean it up and then sent to SCALP and it went fine. Only issue is for some reason its double cutting cut. So I still need to figure that out. I just ordered Flexi Starter 10 so hopefully SCALP will be a thing of the past for me

Thanks for the info. I wanted to try a "simple" graphic (and maybe did; have a really terrible memory). But every time I give scalp a go, it doesn't. I have yet to even try cutting with it as I just give up in frustration every single time and go back to SB. It's a great time waster though. After all, we all have so much free time to waste... :blink::huh::bear:

Im using CorelDRAW x6 and SCALP right now. I have had that problem off and on, I believe it to be a file size problem. I just took a logo I have been working on and power traced it to clean it up and then sent to SCALP and it went fine. Only issue is for some reason its double cutting cut. So I still need to figure that out. I just ordered Flexi Starter 10 so hopefully SCALP will be a thing of the past for me

if its double cutting see how many layers it has. when i trace stuff it always comes up with 3 or more colors when i select cut by color. i just deleteall except the top 2

• Like 1

Yeah that was it. I spent that night messing with that image trying to figure out where it went hay wire and thats what it was