boggey090

Omega Tempo 600 (Graphtec?)

I purchased an Omega Tempo 600 and what I have determined is that it is the same as a Graphtec 5000 series.  My question is, "Am I right?" Also,  I tried the trial version of Signcut and the cutter didn't respond.  I do like the features on Signcut cuts and would like to purchase the program.   Has anyone on the forum bought the Omega 600, what cutting program are you using on it?  And how do you like the Omega 600.  Any inputs would be appreciated......Thanks and have a great day........ :rolleyes:

It looks to be a rebranded Graphtec CE5000 being sold by Gerber

Make sure your cutter command is on HP-GL to use any software other then Graphtec language. which is Command GP-GL

I hope you got it for a good price...  UScutter has a had a great deal on their Graphtecs for quite a while.

Easy to Buy:
includes the plotter, heavy duty metal stand, all cables, a CD
with the driver manual, Advanced Registration Mark (ARMS) system, and
OMEGA™ software, all in one affordable bundle price.
Easy to Use:
includes a full copy of Gerber OMEGA software and a simple
plug-and-play USB cable.
Easy to Maintain:
plotter is based on world-renowned Graphtec CE-series
engineering class technology, providing years of reliable service

Mz Skeeter, thanks for your response good information, I got the the Omega in a bundle, saw it in one supply store but their support and selling package did not impress me.  You answered my question to the T and yes Gerber sells it.  Whether, it was a really good price, I'll with more experience as I advance.  When I do get the Signcut version, i'll make sure the HP-GL command is initiated.  Again thanks a bunch for your response and information.

boggey090

Mz Skeeter, I don't think it did or I have overlooked something in the reading materials but first I will contact my seller in Mich and ask, I am also most sure it did not.  However, your replys have really been informational as my mind is racing and going from one gear to another.  I remember asking my agent, "By buying this bundle, does it have everything I need to start and get going?" His reply was, "Yes."  I have been cutting with a Stika 15 as a newbie and decided it was time to take a bigger step and upgrade.  Thanks again, Mz Skeeter...........

I would think it has something similar to Cutting Master2 which is for the GP-GL side of the cutter,  then you use a Adobe Illustrator Or Corel plugin.

16 minutes ago, aguilar said:

will Cutting Master work with the gerber tempo 600?

NO - it is proprietary to the graphtec units