MadHatterGraphix

Throwing away my MH

Buy a Graphtec, you'll kick yourself for not having spent the money sooner - I did.  It's a night and day difference over the cheaper cutters.  The ease of use, the detail, the quality of the cuts, the "I can use USB with no problems" feature, etc.  Plus with the optical ARMS system for contour cutting, it will be a big help for your 3G opaque and other printed transfers.

I'm actually considering purchasing a second Graphtec, one of the little 15" jobs that I can more easily transport to craft shows and festivals....

I have never had the issues with this thing. Loads paper weird, won't cut the mad hatter image however everything else is great. Wondering if I'm using the wrong blade with 3M thin vinyl. Still wanting to get rid of it.

check for loose set screws on the grit rollers, check belt tension, check for sloppyness in the blade holder, then jack up that roll of vinyl and slide a graphtec or roland under it - problem solved

• Like 3

I can imagine your frustration, Hatter. I own a Chinese Chopper as well (TC) and I'm just biding my time till it's played out.

It's payed for itself many times over and continues to work flawlessly but, the first time it gives me any serious problem... UPGRADE time.

I am a firm believer in, "you get what you pay for" and bought middle of the road, value cutter for good reason. But I've got to hand it to this model, it's taken everything I've thrown at it and given me back a well cut job with no back-talk. On USB, at that.

It cut a 19.5 foot fork template last month with perfect tracking. No run-out in 6 and a half yards... amazing.

I haven't had the pleasure of a pro (servo) machine as yet but, gotta say, for 5 bills, the TC has satisfied me so far.

• Like 1

Servo = quiet. At least that was my first impression and on normal stuff you may not notice a difference but on detailed work or very small text what a difference. Wish I had a second 1 right now, everytime I fire up the lp2 to run along side the graphtec it's like a siren going off compared to just the fan running on the graphtec.

From everything I have heard most of the troubles we have with our chinese cutters can be cured with a dose of name brand cutter. I can't wait until I can afford a better one. 

If you can make a living with a china cutter you can make a career with a graphtec or roland,

Thanks everyone for listening. Wish USCUTTER had a buy back program if you wanted to upgrade. However jaybird and I have discussed this problem in pm's since we became cutter buds or forum buds anywaay he gave me some good ideas like y'all dang it jay see your draw sunk in lol.

• Like 1

Wanna sell it?

Ken, you know you just want it to give it a few hits with a hockey puck LOL

• Like 2

Jay, I would go out on a limb and say that Ken knows more about the mh cutters than the person that designed it!  He was the man back when he WAS uscutter support and forum advisor - single handed I might add- you always got an answer from him on here no matter what time of the day or night - it ls like he was up 24/7 for months at a time.  he was the hardest working man to ever set foot in uscutters doors

• Like 1

Jay, I would go out on a limb and say that Ken knows more about the mh cutters than the person that designed it!  He was the man back when he WAS uscutter support and forum advisor - single handed I might add- you always got an answer from him on here no matter what time of the day or night - it ls like he was up 24/7 for months at a time.  he was the hardest working man to ever set foot in uscutters doors

Yea, but it was very gratifying. Totally worth it.  ;D

• Like 2

Sorry you're having trouble with your cutter!  I also have the MH, and while I'll say that after hearing some not so great things about it, I really worried and wondered if we shouldn't have done more research and made a different choice, but I love my cutter, very few hiccups, and does what I need it to do.  It's already more than paid for itself, and I'm very happy with it!

• Like 1

Sorry you're having trouble with your cutter!  I also have the MH, and while I'll say that after hearing some not so great things about it, I really worried and wondered if we shouldn't have done more research and made a different choice, but I love my cutter, very few hiccups, and does what I need it to do.  It's already more than paid for itself, and I'm very happy with it!

Ang , make the money with the value cutter like most of us did and set some aside to upgrade in the future - you are doing great so far and before you know it you will be buying that graphtec with the profits from this one

• Like 3

Need support like that nowadays. Great forum built on the back of great people.

my only compaint is Ken didn't make me a millionaire like he did Marcus LOL  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I still haven't tried with jay suggested. I would sel it if I had another cutter to fall back on that's bigger than the Cameo. But saving nickels and dimes to help with a down payment on some other equipment and products.

watch craigslist there is always someone that thought they could get rich doing this and then selling there equipment when they find skill and work is involved

• Like 1