andym

Why can't I make big cuts?!?!

Why does my cutter always do stuff like this on larger scale cuts (see attached jpg). I have a MH871-MK2, I use SignCut Pro on a Mac, and I hook it up with a serial keyspan adapter. It cuts diagonal lines though parts and then continues on as if it was done cutting that area. It does pretty much the same thing regardless of if I use the pen on paper or the blade on vinyl. Also attached is a pdf is what the design is supposed to look like. I'm trying to cut it 22"x22". PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks! :)

post-45474-0-58665400-1369970255_thumb.j

#andylovesemily.pdf

my bet is it is a memory issue - the mh's have notoriously small memory

just lift up that vinyl roll and place a new graphtec under it  B)

• Like 7

I've got a laserpoint I'll make you a good deal on. Be glad to run your file just to show it'll work without issue.

Perhaps you can break up your designs into smaller segments and assemble them once cut (separately)?

Its likely memory is the culprit.... a 'work-around' like this may be your best bet til it comes upgrade time.

Perhaps you could try your plotter with a different computer or cutting software to rule those out?

But if you can afford it Graphtec or roland all day every day.

• Like 1

But if you can afford it Graphtec or roland all day every day.

as soon as I find the person that wants to trade my SC for their Graphtec.... I am in!

When I found a busted up graphtec I'll be ready to trade. I was looking at the auctions and the older Rolands seem to be an affordable way to upgrade and I guarantee and old Roland will cut nicer than a new SC any day.

I just cut two 10 foot jobs so 20 feet total in one shot with my MH yesterday using nothing but the cutter my laptop and the supplied USB capable that came with it, and SCALP3 on Windows 7, not a single issue... well tracking screwed up the last three letters, but other than that turned out great... I personally would mess around with the blade settings bc of those drag lines and possibly mess with some stuff inside your software to see if you can get it working.. I am definitely not as knowledgeable as some of the other guys & gals on this forum though... just sayin... hope you find the cure without to much trouble

It's not the blade because it's making that line mid design like in the bird half way around it just goes haywire. I've had 2 different cutters do this and neither was ever able to be corrected. Don't know if it was memory or motherboard issue but if the blade goes haywire in the middle of a cutline like in the bird that's not blade drag, that's the cutter still trying to cut something.

This was posted in the SCALPro section , but the original post said SignCut Pro was being used . They are not the same software .

I don't believe software used is even an issue here. Try grounding like one off suggests and see if that helps. When its dry in here and I unroll app tape I can actually see sparks on the tape holder definitely don't want that to happen to your cutter

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I have my cutter sitting on cement and it is grounded. I've never been able to find a solution for this. I might just have to continue to break up my designs until I can afford something better.

There are a few advantages to breaking the design up. Might cost just a little more time on the software end, setting up

the files, but I often end up cutting things up in the feild for the installation anyways. Generally easier to be efficient with the vinyl, too.

Are your designs welded before you go to cut ? could be a isssue there. and also If you bought it from Uscutter  try their support line. Also remember to turn it off between large cuts. I read somewhere that you should turn it off after every cut.

the designs has to many nodes for that cutter, if your using SCALP then you can go to into path in the top part and theres a option to simply and you can simplify it down so that theres less nodes for the memory.

I have a mac book air and I had the same problem whit my mh12". The us cutter support guy said I need to use the older version scalp and it worked. If you would like try install the older version of scalp I will email it to you. 

Have you tried this cut at a smaller scale? If it cuts just fine small then it would not be a memory issue.

Im Shocked, that you guys are having a issue with 22x22,  it cant be that its a Cheaper Machine... I mean, I have a Sighwarehouse Special (Red Sail R44 Vinyl Express) <--- Don't get much more cheaper, I thought anyway, and I cut stuff 24X 10 FEET...

"I can't make big cuts and I can not lie, you otha bruthas can't deny....."  

Sorry, couldn't resist

• Like 2

Im Shocked, that you guys are having a issue with 22x22,  it cant be that its a Cheaper Machine... I mean, I have a Sighwarehouse Special (Red Sail R44 Vinyl Express) <--- Don't get much more cheaper, I thought anyway, and I cut stuff 24X 10 FEET...

Actually. if you read his set up on his first post, he says he is using  Signcut with a Mac.   The MH series MK-2 is not Mac compatible, and that is stated on the USCUTTER  website and Ebay ads  If he put it on a PC like he is supposed to be run on, he would have less problems. 

From the UScutter website

PLEASE NOTE: This vinyl cutter is not compatible with Mac.

EBAY AD

MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE: This vinyl cutter is not compatible with Mac.

• Like 4

Actually. if you read his set up on his first post, he says he is using  Signcut with a Mac.   The MH series MK-2 is not Mac compatible, and that is stated on the USCUTTER  website and Ebay ads  If he put it on a PC like he is supposed to be run on, he would have less problems. 

From the UScutter website

PLEASE NOTE: This vinyl cutter is not compatible with Mac.

EBAY AD

MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE: This vinyl cutter is not compatible with Mac.

so why can't I use it with a mac  :angry:  ;D  :rolleyes: