Sign in to follow this  
hobbymom

Adhesive Cutting Mat?

I'm a cheapskate - I bought poster board from the Dollar Tree and then use removable/temporary glue sticks - I thought it was from Elmer's but I can't find it on their site - got it at Wal-Mart in the craft section if that helps - it is very similar to the adhesive on 3M Post-It Notes - and use that to secure what I'm cutting to the poster board and then run the whole thing through my Graphtec.  It's ugly, but it has worked fine for me so far.

I discovered the hard way that if you print an 8.5" x 11" design on a piece of 8.5" x 11" Jet Opaque 3G t-shirt transfer material and then try to contour cut it, it will fall out of the cutter after it feeds the entire page through while trying to find the rear registration marks - thanks to input from the people on this forum, I tried this solution and it has worked for me...

I use my cricut mat on my SC series 24 inch cutter

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="m500" data-cid="314029" data-time="1369858952"><p>

repositionalable spray adhesive?</p></blockquote>

Similar, but this a stick, so no overspray worries.

There's cheaper ones on eBay or there use to be. I use the silhouette cameo for contouring 8.5x11 thinking bout getting a longer one for 11x17 and custom sheets.

I've been using the cricut cutting mat to get the most from my heat transfer vinyl for a few months now. I also put scrap vinyl strips on the mat where the rollers ride to prevent the adhesive from sticking to the rollers.

• Like 1

I too have been using the CriCut mat for several years; however the most recent one acts like they reformulated the adhesive and just does not want to give up the project when I attempt to seperate them. Am inclined to think the glue stick suggestion sounds appealing.

This is the glue stick I was talking about.  It holds stuff down pretty well but can be peeled off quickly with little residue.

post-24492-0-03647000-1370025373_thumb.j