Sign in to follow this  
imca6j

could someone help me with this font

This should be interesting. For the sake of not causing trouble posting copyrighted material is against forum policy and asking that it be redrawn I'm pretty sure is double trouble.

Well, he didn't actually ask for it to be "redrawn" -- he asked what FONT is this.

Theoretically, once the font name is discovered, he could type anything  (Harold Davrickson, for example)

Since I'm new here, I'm keeping my toes back behind the line...***rolls eyes while whistling***

I don't mention because I want to pick on anybody but some "helpful" people may unintentionalls start posting vectors related to this image and open a can of worms. Personally with Harley I won't touch anything related to it or their bar and shield for any reason.

http://www.1001fonts.com/script+harley-davidson-fonts.html

Deftone Stylus is a close match.

The Harley-Davidson company hired artists to design their various logos -- and the words and letters of the company name were drawn - line by line - by hand, using tools like straightedges, protractors, pantographs, and so on.

In other words, the "font" here is not really a font, it's artwork.

I've seen hundreds of images/files shared on here that were not created by the person posting...why does this post get mentioned?  And I don't see anywhere in the copyright rules that covers what imca6j posted...although it's kind of open to interpretation.  Is that a copyrighted image?  Yes.  Is he or she offering to recreate it for someone?  No.

• Like 1

I've seen hundreds of images/files shared on here that were not created by the person posting...why does this post get mentioned?  And I don't see anywhere in the copyright rules that covers what imca6j posted...although it's kind of open to interpretation.  Is that a copyrighted image?  Yes.  Is he or she offering to recreate it for someone?  No.

HD aggresively defends their copywite and trademarked property - hate to see anyone get hooked up that doesn't know better

Integrity . . .  . it's what's right

http://stores.ebay.com/That-One-Guy-with-the-Decals/_i.html?rt=nc&_dmd=2&_sid=96098069

• Like 1

HD aggresively defends their copywite and trademarked property - hate to see anyone get hooked up that doesn't know better

Integrity . . .  . it's what's right

http://stores.ebay.com/That-One-Guy-with-the-Decals/_i.html?rt=nc&_dmd=2&_sid=96098069

That link could keep a legal dept. busy for a year. Shame about that.

same on etsy, ebay, facebook, lots of places - not sure if he is still on ioffer.

I pass on Monster and Harley and most of the other crap all day long and it kills me they go to the flea market on saturday's and buy it and talk about how mean we are cause I won't jeopardize my store.

did you ever get the rights to reproduce as I see you have them again?  what is the cost?  is it per decal or a yearly license?  we finally have someone with experience in this area!

http://cheezburger.com/7051771392

Why is it some people even when getting busted for violating it still have no understanding of copyright laws. Just an observation...

maybe he did get the license - his address is on a federal afb so I would hope he is not continueing to violate if he is active duty . . . . as a former govt. employee I know they have a very dim view of that kind of thing - 

Jason - inquiring minds want to know - what is the cost of licensing?

Whoa whoa whoa...why am I under attack here?  I don't post copyrighted pictures on here...I was merely defending someone who wanted to know what that font was.  What I sell is my business...I know the risks.  Some of you act very high and mighty at times...and I'm sure you've designed and sold decals that look similar to something you've seen on the internet.  That's infringement, too...what I do isn't your concern.

What you say is mostly correct which is why I only post original content and if you google me nothing comes up especially copyright. I don't choose to let my skeletons out of the closet. Remember back in the day: Don't ask, Don't tell. That's how I address copyright issues.

Jay

• Like 1