Just purchased the fj-600 was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the drivers. Tried roland.com but there wasn't a link for them. Want to get it up and running ASAP. Thanks in advanced.

Hmm, Might be if your printer was bought Used there might be a problem, according to the site's Mz Skeeter and I gave you the drivers and firmware are for your FJ-600, Good Luck Hope you get it working.

The machine should have came with software.

If not Versaworks will run it.

mark-s

You do realize that these vinyl printers are not like paper inkjet printers that you buy from Office Depot. You can't just install a driver and start printing. To run them, tou need a special (and very expensive) RIP software like Roland Versaworks, Wasatch Softrip or Signlab do name a few. The software comes with the drivers for most vinyl printers.

Yeah I do. I have Corel draw, sign blazer , versa works , and a few others. The kid I got it off just couldn't find the disk for the drivers.

Im am 90 percent sure versaworks will not work on the fj600 - there was an upgrade with a dongle that would support it if purchased directly from them for the fj-540 (tied directly to that dongle) for around $1,500-$2,000  I had the fj-540 - no direct way to do it without that - you can download the upgrade to color-rip and that will work as a full version - real pia to work with but it is about the only free choice to get you going.  in the mean time make sure to keep it plugged in and doing the head cycles a couple of times a day

If the Heads don't cycle they clog and bad clog = new head.

Ok I'll make sure of that. What just turn it on and let it do the cycles? I did that the day I got it and everything was moving fine. What happens ? Does the old ink build up in it and dry?

Dakota or 1 of the other printers can go into more detail but if they don't cycle I believe ink dry in the head and that can get extremely expensive

Unless you're running water based ink that stuff won't do much good from what they say. And most older printer don't use water base ink, I think normally solvent type.

you are lucky if they unclog, my currrent printer turns itself on 3-4 times a day and pulls ink thru the heads so they don't clog or dry - if they do it is only $850 PER head to replaced them.  I have never had any luck unclogging any to the extent they are usable after a clog - I though on my first printer I was saving money turning off the main power for a day or 2 at a time - that was a major $1700 mistake.  lesson learned.   if the versaworks for the 540 works with the 600 it has to be bought from a dealer and made for your machine as they were not versaworks machines back then.

Unless you're running water based ink that stuff won't do much good from what they say. And most older printer don't use water base ink, I think normally solvent type.

true - the solvent inks are pretty permanent - you may make progress at unclogging a couple of nozzles but too many and it is usually replacement time.

Super nasty stuff but great for long term prints. With most of the older printers make sure you run it in a well ventilated area or you may end up seeing funny things while your brain cells are dying.

Just looked in a bag I got with the printer. There are cleaning solution cartridges. Where do these go? There's no label on the cartridges saying what type but I'm almost positive it is the general ink ran in them before being converted to the weather resistant stuff.

Jay it is not as bad with the original roland inks - the solaris I ran I was sure I wouldn't be able to keep a printer - my bronchitis was constatly irritated by it - new printer uses roland only and a little more ventilation and I can live with it