MadHatterGraphix

Late night work sessions?

How many members are like me, staying up late at night or waking up in the middle of the night cause of an idea popping into your head? Have you ever woke up earlier than usual to just work or something? It would be interesting to see how many of our members post and share their stories.

I am a late nighter.  I get most of my actual work done after 11 pm

I am definitely not a morning person.  it is from 29 years of working 2nd and 3rd shift at my former employer. 

Late nighter here! My wife is always harping on me about being up all hours of the night. My ADD allows me to operate on very little sleep, unfortunately my Add does not allow me to get much done.  

back after a short update to main computer - now at 5.5tb of storage!

Hey?:huh: Who is roaming around my work area..Oh....thats what I thought, couldnt find my slippers as 2 cats are chewing them...Its 4AM and I am up, in under 3 hrs I will be dressed and going to my Ball-and-chain daytime job, but for the mean time I am working to design ...oh sh__t the wife is up now...Dam no I will have to cook some bacon and eggs to apease her for waking her...

I'd love to be a late nighter but when work starts at 6:00 AM it kind of hard.

up til 1am  the last few nights screen printing transfers the pressing tshirts,  then at work at 7am    burning the candle at both ends until this thing takes off

I have worked afternoons and midnights for about 90 percent of my working career since I was 15.  Keep trying to wake up earlier and go to bed earlier but it is hard to break a pattern that long.

Building houses I would be on the job as the day would break and leave when it was to dark to work any longer . The last several years with the handyman service it has been usaly about 9:00 am before getting started no one wants you there at 6:00 am for some reason and wants you out by 4 or 5 pm . So all my cutting ( only when I have a sold sign or banner I don't cut stickers ) is at night . I do sign installs during evening hours and weekends .

I don't know if you guys have as much trouble installing as I do. But anything I try to install during the day here in California is a huge pain. For example it's 95 degrees out rite now. I am planning on doing my installs early morning when the sun comes out or maybe in the evening but mid summer it stays hot until the moon has been up a while. what do you guys do for window and car installs outside?

Ted today here it was in the 60s for a high temp our average highs during the hot of summer 78 degrees . When we go to Virginia or to Tennessee during the summer we are glad to get back to our mountains and cooler temperatures . But it has its drawbacks during the winter with a lot of snow and cold our ski slope actualy operated till the last of March this year because of the cold early spring . Our elevation in our little town is almost 3000 ft .

Ha Ha, oh man that sounds nice! Here in the central valley of California we get summer highs of 115. I heat didn't come until mid April but it is definitely here now.

A week ago this past Tuesday we had snow.  This past Tuesday it was 80°.  Thursday it was in the 50's.  Friday morning I woke up to 1" of snow on the ground and sleet.  It was 33° when I went to bed last night (Friday).  It was 49° when I woke up and we're racing towards a high in the upper 60's today.   It can not make up it's mind whether it's winter, spring or summer here yet...

Did I mention that Friday was the first day of the Pella Tulip Time festival and everything was covered in a couple of inches of snow?  NW Iowa got 11" of snow on Thursday and Friday and they had to close some schools - in May!  It's insane!

Can't say I miss the snow when I moved from NY and if I ever do I'll google snow and look for pics of OW's yard. That's crazy this far into spring.

Making me cold thinking about it. Think spring...

I do most of my production during the night. I spend all day dealing with customers and walk-ins. Generally crank up some pantera, start printing and slinging ink around 6:30, try to leave here about 11:00

now damit this isnt fair...You guys have it all and all I get to do is work on petroleum equipment(gas pumps-the kind you stick in your car and POS/Network systems Credit/Debit) everyday sometimes 7 days a week, am on call 24-7, only time I get to PLAY is wjhen I am not sleeping or working, I worked 14hrs friday, worked 6.5 saturday most driving to some god awful town, I did get that Hurst Olds done for KissFan, but thats all, its 6:37PM, in 12 hrs I am up and heading to office for meeting of techs in AM, no telling what is lurking out there and you guys get to do what you enjoy...I dont like yall any more.......

Just remember you have something I don't have, a consistent pay period. If it's slow no dough.