thekingconcept

HELP! Cutter not joining up or aligning cuts properly

Hi there,

I have a Pcut CTO1200 and have been printing the same design to t-shirt vinyl for a while. However, yesterday my cutter started mis-aligning parts of the design and the cut lines do not meet up properly. I have tried changing the offset in increments which makes small improvements but in no way solving the problem.

I have attached a photo. I have cut the same item three times in a row on a scrap of vinyl to show you. As you can see, the truck on the right is the closest to correct but the spokes are not quite inside the wheel. The one on the left is a joke! The left to right images are with diffferent blade offsets but I can never get it to cut perfectly. My business relies on this cutter and I haven't had it long... please help!

Sophie

post-41333-0-24705100-1367236305_thumb.j

not an offset problem - offset changes where the blade will turn in relation to the center point of the blade - you have vinyl slipping it looks like - probably from not pulling slack in the roll and making the cutter pull it off the roll combined with too much blade exposed causing more drag

I have pre-fed the amount of vinyl I need before each design so it's not that, but I will push my blade back up a bit and let you know what happens! Thank you :)

this is how you set your blade

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Dakotagrafx!!!!!!!!

You are definitely an "advanced member"

One allen key is all it took to fix this issue and save me thousands! Thank you - it was the screw on the far right on the roller at the control end - the one that gets used the most. It was loose and now it's perfect. Can't thank you enough!

The only issue I have now is that the cutter stops 3 quarters of the way through the same cut at the same place everytime. Some days it will be fine, others it will always stop at this point. Do you have any advice on this?

Sophie

once in a while I get lucky ^-^ 

responed in your other thread by the way

my cutter has NEVER cut the corners of letters all the way since the first day i bought it.  I have a friend who has a laserpoint I and i have the laserpoint II, she never has to pick out a letter at all......mine has NEVER done that before......she can just pull the vinyl off and all her letters are perfect.....I have to pick EVERY letter I do off with my blade knife or hold it down and rip it off.  I have NEVER had a letter cut clean.  I actually wouldn't know how to act if it peeled off clean!!  This is SO frustrating that I just want to CRY every time I have to cut with my cutter!  I love doing this but it is so discouraging to use!  See attached pics of just tonite!  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.......hterri48@yahoo.com.........

THANKS,

VERY DISAPPOINTED

cutter1.jpg

cutter2.jpg

cutter3.jpg

cutter4.jpg

cutter5.jpg

I HAVE CONTACTED US CUTTER ON AT LEAST 5 OCCASIONS AND THEY HAVE CHANGED THE OFFSET AND WE HAVE CHANGED BLADES TO NO AVAIL.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!  STILL WILL NOT CUT LETTERS OUT CLEAN!!!  

TERRI HOLMES

HTERRI48@YAHOO.COM

First you can STOP yelling at us with the ALL CAPS, No one is going to help a YELLING OP!!. We are just forum members here.  No mention of what cutting software your even using.  No mention of any of your settings.  NO mention of how you set the blade depth.  Now answer all of those questions and STOP YELLING at us!!

And no one is going to contact you at an email address. Laserpointer 1 and Laserpointer 11 are not even made by the same vinyl cutter companies.   LaserPointer 11 is made by Liyu.   Laserpoint 1 is made by Creation.  So your not even posting under the right cutter.  

17 hours ago, terriholmes said:

I HAVE CONTACTED US CUTTER ON AT LEAST 5 OCCASIONS AND THEY HAVE CHANGED THE OFFSET AND WE HAVE CHANGED BLADES TO NO AVAIL.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!  STILL WILL NOT CUT LETTERS OUT CLEAN!!!  

TERRI HOLMES

HTERRI48@YAHOO.COM

Hello Terri!

This is a problem that has many possible causes, and it will be pretty difficult to troubleshoot and resolve this problem on the forum or via email. I have created a ticket for your issue in our system and sent you an email. I recommend that you call USCutter Technical Support for troubleshooting at 425 481 3555. We are open from Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 4 PM PST. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reply to the email I have sent you, and they will go directly back to me.

We look forward to hearing from you, and helping you resolve this issue.

I feel that a call with tech support would be the best idea, since we can usually cover all of the bases in under an hour. While a forum is great for many subjects, if the person asking the question isn't very active, it could take weeks to resolve the issue, which I feel would be more frustrating than a phone call.

That being said, I've extended the offer, and if she would rather get support here on the forum, that is fine as well.