Sign in to follow this  
rdusigns

free clip art

Now this is funny...I bought a CD of CUT READY CLIPART last saturday and it got here today, I was looking at the content and checking messages here....I paid 4.99 for a CD of 900 clipart pieces of various types..They are in AI, EPS and small JPG, it included a PDF of the contents....

Yep...Same thing I paid for...Same PDF....

If the person that sold it to you wasn't a representative of ClipartAndFonts.com then you can report them for copyright violation - if it was through ebay you may be able to get your money back.

On a different note, the website/company in the link sells a MASSIVE collection of clipart on ebay and through their website - DON'T buy through their website as the prices are substantially higher than on ebay (e.g., I bought the package that retails for $999 on their website for just under $150 on ebay).  Here's the link to their current list of ebay auctions.

The PDF catalogs that came with my collection were junk - grainy thumbnails the size of postage stamps, but the art itself is mostly very good.  There is a lot of duplication between the various collections, but not enough to reduce the overall value.  Not all of it is cuttable (less than 1% probably can't be) and a some of the stuff that is cuttable is so detailed you would spend hours trying to weed one design.  It also contains a lot of copyrighted logos and other art that you shouldn't be cutting - the collections that start with Swap Meet are the worst infringing sections - but then it's the stuff that you usually see at swap meets/flea markets, so that shouldn't be surprising.  Swap Meet - Rock Bands is a disc of nothing but band logos plus Marshall, Gibson, etc. logos, for example.

Even with these shortcomings, it is still be a great deal and if you can use .AI or .EPS files with your software you're all set.  Just don't let yourself fall into the "I bought these and it came with a license agreement, so it's OK for me to cut and sell all these designs" trap.

I looked at the pdf pages and honestly there are enough that I recognize from other places soooo...I am not whinning or complaining I gues its simular to USCUTTER selling a cutter from their web page for 10 bucks but on ebay they sell for 5 bucks to gain a share of the market for those who think they can cash in on a GET-RICH-SLOWLY-IF-YOU'RE-LUCKY(sorry-being a smarta__) I looked at a few of the AI files and well they are clean and seem workable..Only time will tell...

I have their full 10-disk DVD set, but there's a few in here that aren't included (Heroes, Trees)

Looks like they must have read my comments about their previously worthless PDF catalogs - all the images look nice and sharp in that sample pack PDF!

If the person that sold it to you wasn't a representative of ClipartAndFonts.com then you can report them for copyright violation - if it was through ebay you may be able to get your money back.

On a different note, the website/company in the link sells a MASSIVE collection of clipart on ebay and through their website - DON'T buy through their website as the prices are substantially higher than on ebay (e.g., I bought the package that retails for $999 on their website for just under $150 on ebay).  Here's the link to their current list of ebay auctions.

The PDF catalogs that came with my collection were junk - grainy thumbnails the size of postage stamps, but the art itself is mostly very good.  There is a lot of duplication between the various collections, but not enough to reduce the overall value.  Not all of it is cuttable (less than 1% probably can't be) and a some of the stuff that is cuttable is so detailed you would spend hours trying to weed one design.  It also contains a lot of copyrighted logos and other art that you shouldn't be cutting - the collections that start with Swap Meet are the worst infringing sections - but then it's the stuff that you usually see at swap meets/flea markets, so that shouldn't be surprising.  Swap Meet - Rock Bands is a disc of nothing but band logos plus Marshall, Gibson, etc. logos, for example.

Even with these shortcomings, it is still be a great deal and if you can use .AI or .EPS files with your software you're all set.  Just don't let yourself fall into the "I bought these and it came with a license agreement, so it's OK for me to cut and sell all these designs" trap.

Holy crap, thanks for the info...I almost spent $49.99 on their website earlier...picked up a set on ebay just now for $12.99!  Woohoo!

Yes Thanks for posting I downloaded it.

lol petro I bought the same one a few months back. They say they made all the images or at least own them, but I know for a fact they dont. 1 clown on my disk is the ICP Ringmaster, they dont give rights to their stuff. A buddy of mine has a recording studio in Atlanta and talks to Joe (violent J) quite often, since he does track work for them on a few songs.

lol petro I bought the same one a few months back. They say they made all the images or at least own them, but I know for a fact they dont. 1 clown on my disk is the ICP Ringmaster, they dont give rights to their stuff. A buddy of mine has a recording studio in Atlanta and talks to Joe (violent J) quite often, since he does track work for them on a few songs.

That's why I always warn people when I post about clipart from this vendor.  I know for certain that a lot of the images in the Swap Meet packages are blatant copyright violations (Playboy bunny logo, Calvin, No Fear, South Park, all of the musician and band logos, etc.).

If you buy that package and assume that because their license agreement says they own the rights to all of the included graphics and you're allowed to use the images and produce products without worrying about copyright, then I'm curious if you can sue them for damages after *you* get sued for using a copyrighted image...?

I personally wouldn't know the ICP Ringmaster from any other clown in that collection, but I doubt I can use that as a valid legal defense after I've been sued for using what I thought was an image I had legal rights to use...

Im curious how that would work also. If a person buys something from the person who claims license to the image, who is liable? Cause that could open up a whole nother bag of worms with all these clip art collections around for sale

And there lies the problem with copryright. Without an easily searchable database anyone can say they own it and then when you make it someone who actually does own it is getting cheated out of their work. It's nearly impossible to track down a lot of the images you see on the internet to the actual original creator.

Jay

When the digital age gained momentum nothing stopped people from taking other people drawings. Once it use to be if you posted it on Internet it's free game for the public. And like Jay said without a database how can you search. I know some people / companies sell their artwork and give rights to resell the image, some however do not. The other issue is governments all over the world have different rules. Take the US government on copyright infringement law it hasn't changed in whole since the Internet was created. So who is responsible if someone says they own the artwork but you get sued? Something to look up that's for sure.

The law has a lot of catching up to do with current technology. If you try to sue me you'd better made damn sure you can prove your the owner of the copyright and not just a reseller with limited rights.

Jay