Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Am I missing view registration marks?

I use the silhouette cameo to cut out vinyl and since getting SCALP I learned how to print and cut however I want to be ale and view the registration marks and haven't found how to accomplish that. Can someone give me pointers how to do this? I want to make the image as big as I can.

• Like 1

I know w hen you use a silhouette cameo and you print and cut it it will print them but I would like to see how big I can make my image.

I use the silhouette cameo to cut out vinyl and since getting SCALP I learned how to print and cut however I want to be ale and view the registration marks and haven't found how to accomplish that. Can someone give me pointers how to do this? I want to make the image as big as I can.

I don't think there is a way to continously display the silhouette registration marks.

However to see them on the mat and judge if there is room to scale up your project a bit more - just use the preview command under the cutter menu.  You can look - then resize and then look at the results until you get the results you want.

Mars thank you I never thought of that. Learning everyday again thank you.

Mopar I think you're best bet is to create your own. I do that in Corel draw and copy paste to each layer and it transferred to silhouette studio so maybe it will in scalp. I will mess around with that later

You are welcome Kissfan76

Also moparmanheat1 are you talking about registration marks for multi-layer vinyl applications - or registration marks for the laser to read in doing print & cut operations?

Can you take me through print and cut in scal pro. Please!!!!!!! I thought I had it figured out last week and now I can't do it again.

Jay

Sorry just read where you're doing it through cameo software

Jay

How are you doing your contour, in scalp or other program?

Jay

Can you point me toward a tutorial or step by step. Seems like every time I try to do it I make it harder than it should be.

Jay

What I do is Import my image, size the image. After that I right click over the image and find path, go down to simple path and left click that. I then click on cutter in the top menu bar find my cutter click on that, and go down Cameo open that up and there is a section that shows print and cut. I click that tell it to print first, and remember to tell it to ring registration marks . Let the Epson WF7510 do its thing. After the image prints the print and cut screen I believe reappears ( if not just go back to cutter in the top menu and select your cutter) then on the right hand side there should be a button reading something like scan registration marks. It will go through a cycle of its reading them if it doesn't go back to the image right click and find path and click simple again. After that go to cutter and print and cut but tell it to just read the registration marks and it should. After that click on cut and your cutter should contour cut.

Ting is I made a video of this when I did it last weekend but thought there was something already on Internet so I didn't bother. Doesn't the scalp disc have that as a tutorial?

Every time I look for something in scalp it seems to either not have the answer or runs me in circles. Last week I took and image through Corel and created the contour where I wanted it and somehow I brought it into scalp and it worked fine. Now I can't remember how I did it and after hours Monday I couldn't get the image and contour to import together. I will try in scalp like you said but really preferred doing the contour In Corel where I have more experience designing.

Jay

I design everything I do in Corel Draw X4 I export it as a png. Import into SCALP and do what I typed earlier and it worked. It was easy for me which is funny due to back in high school 16 years ago I was taught in illustrator during graphics class. When I was done with school I learned Corel draw started with cdr 8 and never really went back to illustrator. I use it once in awhile but not as much as Corel.

I was trying to make the cut path in Corel as well and managed to do it twice Friday and by Monday I couldn't remember how I did it. Will try as you posted a little later. I ordered the Siser mask and it should be in today so I can play around a little.

Jay

I'm so frustrated chasing down instructions and videos online when it comes to SCAL Pro.   I put in my cd to check on contour cutting instructions.  Sends me to a video online that says ''coming soon.''.   Click on the help section and it takes you to USCutter website.  Type in contour in the search section and it doesn't exist.  

Kissfan should be able to set you up as I'm guessing it's the same process he showed me for my laserpoint he just explains it better than I can.